Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOD Destroyer Series Rock Sliders

Old 04-17-2017, 04:44 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have uploaded a few more pictures to the website, go check them out and tell us what you think!

Click image for larger version

Name:	jrs0712_-_3_1.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	231.1 KB
ID:	670375
Old 04-18-2017, 06:56 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by LōD Offroad
We have uploaded a few more pictures to the website, go check them out and tell us what you think!

Attachment 670375
so have you decided exactly how they will mount and what price point are these going to come in at and when will they actually be released for sale?
Old 04-18-2017, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt

so have you decided exactly how they will mount and what price point are these going to come in at and when will they actually be released for sale?
I REALLY like the current price listed on their website.

However, I've been wondering the same things you mentioned for awhile now.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Yup... LOD makes great stuff. I've been running your sliders for several years. Mine are welded to the frame and used for their purpose. They've held up so well that I'll be purchasing your front and rear bumpers when I redeploy.

I'm sure this version of slider will be as tough and well thought out.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:51 AM
JK Freak

I've been waiting for the Rock Sliders to be released before ordering the bumpers. I am curiously waiting. I would also like to see a notch/spot for the off road jack to seat in to keep it from sliding.
Also a friend of mine ordered the rear bumper and he has been throwing a fit trying to get a hitch pin to work with the receiver. He fights to get the spring clip in and tried a locking hitch which he couldn't get to fit either. Just a thought.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:05 PM
JK Newbie

They look sharp.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:54 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

The Destroyer rear hitch can be locked effortlessly, and does not require a spring clip to lock. We have attached a picture that you can show your friend!Click image for larger version

Name:	Locking Hitch Pin Web.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	747.8 KB
ID:	670535

Originally Posted by HornetJK
I've been waiting for the Rock Sliders to be released before ordering the bumpers. I am curiously waiting. I would also like to see a notch/spot for the off road jack to seat in to keep it from sliding.
Also a friend of mine ordered the rear bumper and he has been throwing a fit trying to get a hitch pin to work with the receiver. He fights to get the spring clip in and tried a locking hitch which he couldn't get to fit either. Just a thought.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:56 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

The mounts have been completed and tested at this point and are decided upon. We are working to figure out pricing and activate the listings!

Old 04-19-2017, 10:33 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by LōD Offroad
The mounts have been completed and tested at this point and are decided upon. We are working to figure out pricing and activate the listings!
what did you decide on mounts? frame or body? drill or no drill? need to know before I order another set of sliders. I can wait a month maybe a month and a half but not more than 2 months.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:49 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

We decided on a combination mount system that uses the body mount points as well as several areas along the pinch seam. The body mount points are not like others companies' which still allow the slider to shift around: we have developed a system that provides a stable mount using the tub mount points, and then is reinforced by rubber-lined (to prevent metal-on-metal) contact points down several lengths of the pinch seam. This system provides more than enough strength to make a great functional and durable rock slider. We will discuss this more and show some of the testing when we release the Youtube video for these bad boys.

what did you decide on mounts? frame or body? drill or no drill? need to know before I order another set of sliders. I can wait a month maybe a month and a half but not more than 2 months.

Quick Reply: LOD Destroyer Series Rock Sliders