Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOD Destroyer Series Rock Sliders

Old 07-17-2017, 05:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let this thread quiet down a bit over the last few weeks. Anyone have any updates? I find myself continuing to want for these, but one has to begin to wonder what the real hold up is. Maybe they had to totally redesign?
Old 07-30-2017, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 2017 JKUR just finished a lift.... been watching this thread ever since it came out. I had the Hanson version of this on my 2013 JKUR and I loved them. Might have to give the a call instead. To bad, I really wanted these since I love these types of rails.
Old 07-30-2017, 09:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by redridge
I have a 2017 JKUR just finished a lift.... been watching this thread ever since it came out. I had the Hanson version of this on my 2013 JKUR and I loved them. Might have to give the a call instead. To bad, I really wanted these since I love these types of rails.
Word to the wise about Hanson. Hanson makes some decent stuff, I have their front and rear bumpers and was going to get their rock rails, square tire carrier and maybe the rack system. I am also getting a 4 door I would have equipped the same. Long story, but Hanson over promised and under delivered. It took over 3 months after I paid for it, and lots of phone calls, before I actually got it. When I got it the mount bracket was welded on wrong and Hanson will not do anything about it. Worst customer service I've ever had. Search them before you decide. There was a heated discussion on another site that has been taken down where there were several people that were/are having the same problems with them. I'd just keep waiting for these rails to be available.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:29 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

^^^Looking like a questionable company is something we want to avoid. We would rather release a better product late rather than release something on time that underperforms Because, well, we care about you guys!

Originally Posted by sellnotsale
Word to the wise about Hanson. Hanson makes some decent stuff, I have their front and rear bumpers and was going to get their rock rails, square tire carrier and maybe the rack system. I am also getting a 4 door I would have equipped the same. Long story, but Hanson over promised and under delivered. It took over 3 months after I paid for it, and lots of phone calls, before I actually got it. When I got it the mount bracket was welded on wrong and Hanson will not do anything about it. Worst customer service I've ever had. Search them before you decide. There was a heated discussion on another site that has been taken down where there were several people that were/are having the same problems with them. I'd just keep waiting for these rails to be available.
Old 07-31-2017, 01:33 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by LōD Offroad
^^^Looking like a questionable company is something we want to avoid. We would rather release a better product late rather than release something on time that underperforms Because, well, we care about you guys!
I think you would be honest about when they were actually going to released instead of just dangling the carrot hoping people won't move on to something else. For me it does not matter as I have a 2 door but the guys with 4 doors probably are sick of the dangling carrot.
Old 07-31-2017, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

I want these rock sliders, but honestly I'm in no hurry. I do my mods in steps when funds and time become available. My next mod is replacing my rear bumper, then likely followed by shopping around for step/rock sliders but then again, it could be the front tube doors I'ld also like to get. There's always something else I can look at, while I'm waiting. If they're not available, then it's the tube doors that get my next mod money. I'm more interested in seeing the price than anything else, so I know what I'm targeting to save, or if I determine it's too high for my tastes, then I can start looking at other alternative options. I have a set of Sahara steps and Rubi Rock rails. If I find myself at that point of wanting/needing to upgrade my side steps, then it becomes a question of, do I mod the Rubi rails I have with some step additions, do I purchase some enhanced rock rail take offs, do I wait until I smash my Sahara steps? In any case, I have a few options and LOD is likely doing me a favor at this point. No product, no upgrade pressure.
Old 08-25-2017, 05:10 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

The pressure is mounting The website now has the promotional video and pricing added for the sliders!

Destroyer Rock Sliders - 2007-2017 Jeep JK Products - Jeep - Products

Originally Posted by Rednroll
I want these rock sliders, but honestly I'm in no hurry. I do my mods in steps when funds and time become available. My next mod is replacing my rear bumper, then likely followed by shopping around for step/rock sliders but then again, it could be the front tube doors I'ld also like to get. There's always something else I can look at, while I'm waiting. If they're not available, then it's the tube doors that get my next mod money. I'm more interested in seeing the price than anything else, so I know what I'm targeting to save, or if I determine it's too high for my tastes, then I can start looking at other alternative options. I have a set of Sahara steps and Rubi Rock rails. If I find myself at that point of wanting/needing to upgrade my side steps, then it becomes a question of, do I mod the Rubi rails I have with some step additions, do I purchase some enhanced rock rail take offs, do I wait until I smash my Sahara steps? In any case, I have a few options and LOD is likely doing me a favor at this point. No product, no upgrade pressure.
Old 08-25-2017, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahhh! The moment we have been waiting for! $900! Wowza. Oh well. Made in USA. With local materials. Tested-extensively. Gotta start saving.
Old 08-25-2017, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Ouch on the $880 price tag. Hopefully there's a Black Friday sale because $900 is higher than Santa's budget for me to expect to see a set under the tree on Christmas morning.

Last edited by Rednroll; 08-25-2017 at 08:11 AM.
Old 08-25-2017, 08:54 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Tell Santa you'll go halfsies with him ;D

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Ouch on the $880 price tag. Hopefully there's a Black Friday sale because $900 is higher than Santa's budget for me to expect to see a set under the tree on Christmas morning.

Quick Reply: LOD Destroyer Series Rock Sliders