Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear passenger-side knock when turning right...

Old 02-20-2012, 09:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear passenger-side knock when turning right...

Hi guys, looking for some input on the possible cause of a what sounds to be rear passenger-side clunck/knock when I take a right turn.

The knock is a single knock (not continuous) and does seem like it could possibly be metal on metal. It doesn't happen while taking a left or driving straight.

I have torqued down my front and rear suspension to spec, just to eliminate that as a possibility.

Any input and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also if more information is needed just let me know.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:23 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

if it's just a single knock on a turn, sounds like a suspension component or bolt could be shifting or making contact with something else as your suspension shifts in the turn. i would check your track bar and rear coil to see if anything there is making contact.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:31 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the reply!

I'll double check around the spring/trackbar this evening.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:38 AM
JK Super Freak

I just had the same thing happening only while turning left. Turns out my xrc rock slider was hitting the frame. Just loosened the bolts and repositioned. Noise is gone. If you have body mount sliders it might be the problem.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sick jk
I just had the same thing happening only while turning left. Turns out my xrc rock slider was hitting the frame. Just loosened the bolts and repositioned. Noise is gone. If you have body mount sliders it might be the problem.
Have a 2017 Recon 4 door and I get the single clunk when turning left, the noise appears to come from the right rear. based on your info I checked the factory Side Step/Rock Rail and with the vehicle parked, I can grab the rear tube of the step and duplicate the clunk noise. I will have to investigate how to get it to stop, but knowing where the noise is coming from is a big help... Thank you for the above info...

Quick Reply: Rear passenger-side knock when turning right...