Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for good 4x4 shop in Montreal...

Old 12-22-2006, 09:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for good 4x4 shop in Montreal...

Hi everyone,

I expect to order a new JK 4 door next week, and I'll need to replace the bumpers, add a winch, increase lift, etc. Since this will be my first off-road worthy vehicle (and I don't have a garage) I'll need to get the work done by a local shop -- one that has a good knowledge of the parts out there, what makes each one more/less appropriate for my needs, etc. Can anyone recommend a good shop in/around Montreal QC, Canada?

BTW, since this is my first post, I should probably introduce myself a bit. :-) My wife and I train our Chessie for hunting (although we don't hunt), do canoe/camping trips, scuba diving, and dog sledding. We've been renting minivans for a while, but getting tired of scrapping the bottoms and not being able to access certain sites. What we need is a minivan 4x4. :-) At first I was looking at a restored Land Rover Defender 110, but the costs climb quickly. The JK 4 door looks like a good fit. Not quite as roomy, but with a roof rack, it should work pretty well. I'd like to wait for the 2008 diesel, but we really need something sooner than later.

Thanks,
js.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hi,

I'm from Montreal too; Quebec4x4.com might be a good place to start. Join their group and ask them. Also look around for some of the Quebec members. One of them just posted in the JK Photos section - a Rescue Green Unlimited with 15" rims and 35's. Good luck!

dean
Old 12-23-2006, 07:32 AM
JK Newbie

National4wd has a store in Montreal as well. I deal with them at their Burlington, Ontario store. Great bunch of guys and decent prices. They also have online ordering if you prefer that.

http://www.national4wd.com/index.php

Also to note, they do price match.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Talking Thanks!

Originally Posted by RubiconCheck
National4wd has a store in Montreal as well. I deal with them at their Burlington, Ontario store. Great bunch of guys and decent prices. They also have online ordering if you prefer that.

http://www.national4wd.com/index.php

Also to note, they do price match.
Excellent! Thanks!

I was on the Gavin site just a few minutes ago, and was disapointed to see they only have one dealer in Canada: National 4WD in Ontario. Well, now I'm happy again! :-D

Quick Reply: Looking for good 4x4 shop in Montreal...