Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for Manual trans skid

Old 12-15-2017, 05:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Looking for Manual trans skid

Hi Everyone, as the title says I'm looking for a manual trans skidplate for my '11 model. Everything I see is either for an automatic or is a skid that is part of a system..meaning the pieces attach to each other rather than being a stand alone skid for the tranny. Does anyone know of a company that makes what I'm looking for?
Old 12-15-2017, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

You can use the factory automatic skid (single bar across the frame that bolts to the transfer case crossmember) if you're really itching for one. I've thought about buying one but I haven't touched my transmission on anything yet and they don't show up cheap enough for what they are.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

M.O.R.E. Oil/Transmission skid should do the trick!
Old 12-16-2017, 05:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Most engine skids cover both the engine oil pan and the transmission. I have been eyeballing Rock Hard 4x4's engine/transmission skid for a long time, I just keep getting distracted with other upgrades.
Old 12-16-2017, 07:12 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
You can use the factory automatic skid (single bar across the frame that bolts to the transfer case crossmember) if you're really itching for one. I've thought about buying one but I haven't touched my transmission on anything yet and they don't show up cheap enough for what they are.
I bought a new take off for $20 figured I might use it at some point and 2 years later it is still collecting dust
Old 12-16-2017, 06:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for the responses. I'll see if I can locate a factory crossbar. Already have a Rancho oil pan skid so don't need a combo unit. Thanks again for an option I didn't even know I had.

Quick Reply: Looking for Manual trans skid