Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for single action bumper

Old 11-16-2017, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have run the tire carrier for a few years with no real issues. The powder coat isn’t the best but that will only affects us in the salt belt. Also had to re-work the wires for the plate relocate. The wires on the LEDs are so thin they broke. The bumper is awesome and heavy as hell no rattles and easy install.
Old 11-18-2017, 02:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Ace

I have the Ace myself for about 6 months or so. So far not much to complain about. Solid, quiet, American made, with the ability to add rotopax and a hi lift. Only wish it was adjustable up and down, it eats into the rear view by a substantial amount..even with a 33. I relocated the license and third brake light while I was at it and its worked out good.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1680_LI.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	3.83 MB
ID:	676133   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1681.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	676134   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1679_LI.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	2.80 MB
ID:	676135   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1678.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	676136  
Old 11-21-2017, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Ace looks good, I just wish the tire was adjustable up and down. That is the only thing preventing me from buying it.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07WrangX
The Ace looks good, I just wish the tire was adjustable up and down. That is the only thing preventing me from buying it.
I like that the tire sits high with the ACE carrier. Keeps it up and out of the way from getting snagged. Prior to this carrier I had the Teraflex Spare Tire Extension Bracket, which lifts the tire an inch or so above stock height. With that set up I came down on my spare in Moab and over flexed the sheet metal on my tailgate. Was lucky that's all that happend. Had to run with my spare in the cargo area for the rest of the trip.

I'll admit it took a little getting used to limited visibility out of the rear window with the ACE carrier, but now even with the Rotopax mounted I don't mind it at all. I've had no issues with backing up on a trail or parking lot or changing lanes on the freeway.

Quick Reply: Looking for single action bumper