Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for thoughts on an upgraded driveshaft

Old 03-12-2019, 04:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for thoughts on an upgraded driveshaft

hey guys, so about nine months ago now I had all of the bolts on my rear driveshaft back out on the cuplor to the t-case (no I never touched them). So I got all new bolts, put lock washers and locktite on them. I checked on it today and there is one bolt that is starting to back out again. Not sure if this has happened to anyone else. Should I upgrade to a nice driveshaft with u-joints or work through it with the stock?
Old 03-12-2019, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

When I talked to follow directions on my TF rzeppa repair kit, I had a bolt loosen up. Make sure both surfaces are clean and dry veggie applying your threadlocking compound. What compound are you using and is it current? No need to change driveshafts over this, just figure out the bolts. They see crazy vibration, temperature, and spinning there at the tcase.
Old 03-12-2019, 04:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m just using red loctite. I made sure the bolts were very tight, but I’m thinking upgrading driveshafts will eliminate this problem all together.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:27 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,590 Posts

I'm with Karls10jk on this one. No need to replace the entire driveshaft unless you're just trying to find a way to burn a couple hundy. Since it's only one bolt this time, I'd remove, clean, add new loctite, reinstall and monitor.

Quick Reply: Looking for thoughts on an upgraded driveshaft