Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lots of NOOB questions

Old 12-23-2017, 10:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lots of NOOB questions

This is a work vehicle and it sees moderate off-roading on pipeline right-of-ways.

2014 JKU non-rubi - 105000 miles
35" Nitto with 1.5" off-sets
4" ICON springs with retainers and correction wedges in rear
3/4" front spacer
Bilstein 5160 3" - 4.5" shocks Extended: 24.67" Collapsed: 14.87"
Rock Krawler Track Bars front/back
AEV Geometry correction brackets on front control arms
Teraflex end links front/back
Extended brake lines front/back
Exhaust spacers

Parts in question to get:
Extended drive shafts
Front/Rear adjustable control arms
Bump stops (Currently have none)

Am I missing anything else that I would need?
Still trying to figure out what bump stops to get, all the threads here have conflicting answers.
Do I need front adjustable control arms as, the brackets do correct properly?
Old 12-23-2017, 05:02 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Lifted short arm vehicles don't need extended driveshafts they actually shrink. Unless you are having issues with the driveshafts just leave the factory ones.

Is this a list of stuff that is already on the jeep? If not just get the metal cloak fox edition game changer and be done. It will have everything you need. https://www.martinlogan.com/products/montage For 35" tires 2.5" of lift is more then enough for clearance.
Bump stops depend on your set up and actual tire size, there is no go to answer until you cycle the suspension. At 4" of lift you are likely going to need bumps to protect the shocks not for tire clearance. You dont need adjustable control arms unless you want to be able to really dial in the suspension.
Old 12-23-2017, 08:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doing some reading on one of your threads and it advised a extended front driveshaft for a 4" lift. So, I dont need them? The parts listed are installed already
Old 12-23-2017, 09:50 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by lowjack989
Doing some reading on one of your threads and it advised a extended front driveshaft for a 4" lift. So, I dont need them? The parts listed are installed already
Lifts bring the thick stock front driveshaft closer to the exhaust/crossmember/transmission pan (depending on year/model). Aftermarket shafts are thinner and provide more clearance. Without knowing which posts you were reading, my guess is that the suggestion for an aftermarket shaft was due to clearance, not extended length? (you have the spacer now, correct? Any clearance issues?)

In addition to the caster/pinion, adjustable arms will let you repostition the entire axle forward/backward in the wheel well. Probably not an issue if you are staying with 35's? But nice to have the ability to move them if desired.

I didn't see a draglink flip / high-steer mentioned, you might do a little research. 3.5" or so is when people start thinking about it.

Last edited by nthinuf; 12-23-2017 at 10:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Lots of NOOB questions