Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnaflow exhaust in Ma.

Old 02-13-2007, 06:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnaflow exhaust in Ma.

Got my exhaust done today and it sounds great, quite loud when I step on it. I could feel the difference right away, definitely more power. My set up is similar to what others have done. I included the cost breakdown and the shops that did the work for other local jeep owners. Plus I posted the video with sound and a few pics.

Magnaflow stainless steel muffler 6”x14” round.

I had it ceramic coated for my own piece of mind due to how close it was to the fuel vapor canister. Plus I didn’t have to relocate the heat shield.
I considered the major coating companies but shipping to them would cost more and take more time so I looked for a company within driving distance and found:

New England Industrial Coatings Inc. Worcester, MA 01610 (508) 754-1066 Dropped it off Thursday and picked it up on Monday.

A-1 Racing, custom bent the new stainless pipe, installed the muffler and welded everything using stainless stick welds, no clamps.

A-1 Racing Custom Exhaust West Bridgewater, Ma. 02379 (508) 580-2188

Muffler/stainless pipe and install cost- $250
Ceramic coating cost- $30

[http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l9...Magnaflow1.flv

Sorry about the video quality, it was dark out plus its my first time editing and posting one.

Last edited by purple11haze; 02-26-2007 at 07:14 AM.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

good thing i'm on a laptop... had to turn it upside down to look at the last two.

looks decent. how close is that muffler to the floor? I just installed a Long Arm system on my ZJ. Had to remove a Flowmaster 40 series, and then had a compact race muffler installed. Small case, single chamber Imco... similar to the Flowmaster single chamber race muffler. Sounds great behind my 4.0
Old 02-14-2007, 04:25 PM
JK Newbie

Default Exhaust

Its tucked in between the cross members and is closer to the floor beam than the actual floor. Drove it about a 100 miles today and no vibration from touching anything.

It's loud in the cab when the engine is under load.

It used to kind of growl through the firewall under my feet like the exhaust was trapped there. That area is alot quieter now, seems to flow much better.

pics fixed.

Last edited by purple11haze; 02-14-2007 at 05:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow exhaust in Ma.