Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnaflow performance axle back dual exhaust system in black

Old 12-12-2012, 07:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnaflow performance axle back dual exhaust system in black

hey, i was wondering if anyone has already installed this on their jk. i want to see what it looks likes, and if there were any issues with a bad drone or anything. thanks! heres a link for the exhaust im talking about MAGNAFLOW Performance Axle-Back Exhaust System in Black

thanks!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by deaner23
hey, i was wondering if anyone has already installed this on their jk. i want to see what it looks likes, and if there were any issues with a bad drone or anything. thanks! heres a link for the exhaust im talking about MAGNAFLOW Performance Axle-Back Exhaust System in Black

thanks!

FYI, that one isn't ours, we stick to stainless for our systems, no paint.
This is our axle back system. It is available from numerous different retailers, I was just on Quad looking at potential Christmas gifts.

DynoMax 39510 - DynoMax Super Turbo Exhaust with Dual Exit in Stainless Steel for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK with 3.6/3.8L - Quadratec
Old 12-12-2012, 10:55 AM
JK Newbie

Default Dynomax

I've got the Dynomax installed:

DynoMax Super Turbo Exhaust with Dual Exit in Stainless Steel

Coupled with my CAI, the JK is loud but that's what i was after...

Easy install, looks good, has a nice rumble to it - a bit of a drone now and again, but nothing that would make me take it off... sorry, no pics yet.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:08 AM
JK Freak

why would you replace the factor muffler w/ another one ?

why not just remove that muffler and replace it w/ one of the Off road kits that puts the muffler in the middle of the jeep....at least this way you gain some ground clearance (at the rear).
Old 12-12-2012, 11:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dynomax

FYI, that one isn't ours, we stick to stainless for our systems, no paint.
This is our axle back system. It is available from numerous different retailers, I was just on Quad looking at potential Christmas gifts.

DynoMax 39510 - DynoMax Super Turbo Exhaust with Dual Exit in Stainless Steel for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK with 3.6/3.8L - Quadratec
Ahh sorry! I mean to type magnaflow. I've been looking at both y'all systems and I typed the wrong one. My bad!
Old 12-12-2012, 11:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bushpilot
why would you replace the factor muffler w/ another one ?

why not just remove that muffler and replace it w/ one of the Off road kits that puts the muffler in the middle of the jeep....at least this way you gain some ground clearance (at the rear).
I was looking at those but I really want a dual exhaust. Preferably black to go along with the theme of my jeep
Old 12-12-2012, 11:27 AM
JK Freak

I was looking at those but I really want a dual exhaust. Preferably black to go along with the theme of my jeep
PAINT it !

I couldnt stand the silver/aluminum factory muffler under the jeep so i shot it w/ some flat black
high temp spray paint...i didnt even bother to clean the muffler when i did it....i had some paint flake off but i wiped it down and re-shot it...it looks fine now & the muffler doesnt stick out like a sore (silver) thumb.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't seen any in person yet but I;ve heard that the black paint or whatever is used on those exhaust systems tends to chip or peel. Wheeling in rocks, water, sand and mud, I would guess that anything painted will not look too good after a while.

Also, the mufflers/exhaust you see with the dual exits are still a signle exhaist, not dual exhaust. If you wheel, having two exit pipes just means another pipe to bend back into shape when you crush it.

I run the rock crawler version from Dynomax which moves the muffler under the middle of the Jeep. While it definitley removes the easily damaged stock muffler issue, it does not completely remove the threat of smashing the Dynomax one. Mine has several dents in it and I don't see anyway of ever removing the threat completely. Sometimes you just take a bad line and a rock happens to be there!

The rock crawler style exhaust are not for anyone looking to avoid drone. the drone is bad. Very bad at times. Doesn't bother me because I turn the radio up. However it does bother my wife when I start my Jeep in my attached garage in the morning. So I am looking at alterntives......and Dynomax seems to have the better pricing and options compared to others out there. Plus they have their 90 day trial period.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bushpilot

PAINT it !

I couldnt stand the silver/aluminum factory muffler under the jeep so i shot it w/ some flat black
high temp spray paint...i didnt even bother to clean the muffler when i did it....i had some paint flake off but i wiped it down and re-shot it...it looks fine now & the muffler doesnt stick out like a sore (silver) thumb.
I painted my factory muffler too. My main thing I'm looking for is a dual exit without too much drone. I was looking at Gibson but I've heard it sounds really ricer and has a bad drone
Old 12-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ahh sorry! I mean to type magnaflow. I've been looking at both y'all systems and I typed the wrong one. My bad!
No worries at all!

Quick Reply: Magnaflow performance axle back dual exhaust system in black