Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAGNUSON SUPERCHARGER 3.6 More Boost, Water-Methanol anyone?

Old 12-04-2016, 09:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default MAGNUSON SUPERCHARGER 3.6 More Boost, Water-Methanol anyone?

Plan on installing the smaller (high-altitude) 8 psi pulley or having a smaller 63mm (10 psi) pulley fabricated for my Magnuson Supercharger, along with a Volant 176366/Donaldson PowerCore primarily for better engine/supercharger noises, secondarily for better filtering.

Next thing will be to install water-methanol injection, maybe ProMeth, Snow Performance, or AEM?

Before I get started, wondering if any of you forced induction guys have any suggestions? Just trying to keep things cool and pickup a bit more power.

Finally, will dyno tune my Trinity T1000; tune from Magnuson has been fine, just want to squeeze every bit of torque out of her.

My Jeep is a 2013 JKUR 3.6 Pentastar manual transmission.
Old 12-04-2016, 11:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Curious to hear opinions about the water meth as well...I have a Ripp kit and am waiting for them to come out with the upgraded intercooler kit and everything. I'm also thinking about a new radiator as well for better and more flow...anything to keep these temps down on these things.
Old 12-05-2016, 07:54 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IIRC there's a guy on JKO who has pretty much done everything possible with the Magnuson setup. He's out here in NorCal but can't remember his name. You should search his thread.

Having said that, he's actually selling his setup now since there's a handful of issues that he's been dealing with on the Magnuson. I believe he has a 2012...
Old 12-05-2016, 11:52 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DJ1
IIRC there's a guy on JKO who has pretty much done everything possible with the Magnuson setup. He's out here in NorCal but can't remember his name. You should search his thread. Having said that, he's actually selling his setup now since there's a handful of issues that he's been dealing with on the Magnuson. I believe he has a 2012...
Thanks, I am getting good information from one gut running AquaMist on his Edelbrock over on JKO.

I decided to go with ProMeth after speaking at length with Rodney over there, it seemed silly to install a progressive setup as positive displacement blowers tend to just need a good bit of cooling all at once when the boost comes on.

Just doing their Stage 1 with no reservoir, I will just used the Windshield Washer bottle.

I will chime back in after I have it installed and dyno tuned along with the Magnuson High Altitude (8 psi) pulley.
Old 12-05-2016, 01:46 PM
DJ1
Former Member

That actually maybe the same guy. I just remember reading him trying all sorts of different tunes, etc. and now he's selling his supercharger kit lol...
Old 12-06-2016, 01:13 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Originally Posted by DJ1
That actually maybe the same guy. I just remember reading him trying all sorts of different tunes, etc. and now he's selling his supercharger kit lol...

Looks like your talking to him.... "White13JKUR" .... he was running the Edelbrock
Old 12-06-2016, 04:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DJ1
Looks like your talking to him.... "White13JKUR" .... he was running the Edelbrock
Yup, and I almost took his advice for the progressive stage 3 setup. Rodney made a very good argument as to why I should just use a stage 1; because the boost comes on all at once in a positive displacement, even the intercooler and especially the rotors are especially hot, and the larger surface area of the rotors makes the big mist on boost make more sense than a progressive system for my purposes.

I am using the water-methanol primarily for insurance against pre-ignition and to keep temp down under boost.

Tooling around town, I won't be under boost much, so won't require the water-methanol most.

I can always upgrade to a stage 3 later.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Whereabouts in CHS are you. I am down that way sometime soon to visit my mother. I would not mind checking out this Setup. Ever in Mt P?
Old 12-06-2016, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used meth/water injection on my STI and mustang. it is amazing what you can do with it but be careful you have a failsafe to cut timing if you run out of spray. On my mustang I only ran it for cooling and a little bump in octane so I didn't tune for it and ran 70% distilled water to 30% methanol. ran great with IAT lowering as I made as pull and if something happened where it stopped working I didn't have to worry about crazy timing.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Da20captain
Whereabouts in CHS are you. I am down that way sometime soon to visit my mother. I would not mind checking out this Setup. Ever in Mt P?
James Island, could meet in Mount Pleasant with some advance notice. I won't have this all installed until early February, but PM me when you come down.

Quick Reply: MAGNUSON SUPERCHARGER 3.6 More Boost, Water-Methanol anyone?