Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meguiar's Complete Car Kit - Seems like a good deal at $52?

Old 12-13-2018, 09:18 AM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meguiar's Complete Car Kit - Seems like a good deal at $52?

I'm looking to pick up a detailing kit for my truck and saw this Meguiar's kit on sale - It's called the Meguiar's Complete Car kit, and it seems to have everything I'd need to clean up my dirty Jeep. Is this a good deal at $52? Or can you suggest something better?

Thanks for helping. New to the forum here and looking for some good advice.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:05 PM
twp
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That’s a pretty good kit. Some of the stuff is good. Check out Autogeek web site. They have different products and have a great forum section.
Old 12-14-2018, 06:24 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,824 Likes on 1,594 Posts

I love Meguiars products, but honestly, there's a lot in that which you'll never use. If you want to invest in that finish, any decent car wash soap and clean microfiber sponge will get it clean. you really want to protect it, invest in a Porter Cable 7424 rotary buffer, and use meguairs DACP, followed by a good synthetic polish like Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection (twice a year). That stuff isn't cheap, but will last you years and years and be useful on every vehicle you ever own.
Old 12-21-2018, 03:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For off the shelf easy to find/replenish...
That is my favorite wash... suds up nice, stays sudsy, smells good, rinses off easily and does not strip wax.
I much prefer mothers clay bars and spray. the mcg bars seem to "shred" little pieces off that stick to the paint and are a pain to deal with... the spray does not work near as well as a "quick detailer" as the mothers brand.
That mcg tire gel is super shiny (if that is you thing, this is the mac daddy), and, even if you rub it in/wipe off excess it'll blob up and fling down the side of your rig.
I've been using the cheapest aerosol spray on crap I can find, and immediately wiping it off to keep the shine down. Applying (gel, liquid) tire dressing to sidewalls that have a bunch of surfaces (lettering/tread) is a pain in the butt, thus the advice to use a spray on product for "truck" tires.
I much prefer a paste wax... mcg's #26 is a great product and easy to work with, even on dark colors... for liquid... cheap old original turtle wax is actually quite good.
I've yet to find a rubber/plastic cleaner that works better than simple green.
I've yet to find an interior protectant I like better than mothers preservatives... smells nice, and isn't shiny/greasy looking.
Every kit needs to include mothers back to black.

There are better alternatives to the above, but, all the above can be found in an autozone/pepboys/carquest etc. and is cheap and easy to use.

Like any packaged deal... the above is decent value with decent stuff, but, I bet you'd be happier pieceing together a mis-mash kit.

Last edited by Mike H.; 12-21-2018 at 03:31 AM.
Old 12-22-2018, 04:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They have awesome products and have been around for decades.

Quick Reply: Meguiar's Complete Car Kit - Seems like a good deal at $52?