JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Metal cloak rear shock relo brackets (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/metal-cloak-rear-shock-relo-brackets-294498/)

mattyk 01-15-2014 07:59 PM

Metal cloak rear shock relo brackets

Who here is using these?

Shock Mount Relocation & Clearance, JK Lower Rear

These are the rear lower shock mount relocation brackets. They give you an extra three inches over the stock location. Best part is they are easily affordable and you can chop off the three inches your no longer using off.

I wanna know if anyone has issues running these. I know MC makes some bangin quality products but I'm kinda concerned about losing down travel with a fully compressed shock as I'm already running 3.5" OME Shocks with a 3" lift. I know I could throw an extra hockey puck on top of the spacer, but hey. Maybe I don't even need to (?). If your running these id love to hear what you think about the functionality.

AC/DC 01-15-2014 08:35 PM

Not running then now but will be ordering then soon. Get hang up on a rock a month ago. The price is right.

karls 01-15-2014 09:05 PM

My issue with the brackets is how much they raise the mount. What have they done to correct the now steeper angle of the shock? It looks good in theory but when you get too much angle on the shock then it's not working efficiently or effectively and could bind up.

mattyk 01-15-2014 09:10 PM

Karis. Are you running them.u

karls 01-15-2014 09:54 PM

Nope, I'm not running them but you could certainly mock it up in your garage to get a look at the angle difference. The problem is how everything is mounted, the points are close to each other in a vertical plane so when you bring them closer it just doesn't allow the shock to work as it should. That will hold true for all of the bolt-on's. Some may be better than others but none will keep the same geometry underneath the axle.

ronin2120 01-15-2014 10:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I installed the EVO rockstar skids which raise the lower shock mount by 1.5" as well as making it flush with the axle so you won't get hung up on them. To alleiviate the shock angle as well as maintain the maxium travel for my shocks I also installed the polyperformance upper shock mounts. The way I see it when you start messing with one end you should consider making adjustments on the other. Also after looking at the price and the pics I would look at the EVO ones as well. I think the EVO's are like a $100 but they are stout since there built like a skid. I attached some pics of the lower and upper shock mounts.

mattyk 01-15-2014 11:06 PM

The safety of not messing the shock up and anything that might hurt the jeep in turn is my biggest concern. Didn't put much though into changing the upper mount. Like the idea but still would like to hear from ppl that may be running MC

kjeeper10 01-16-2014 01:35 AM

You actually gain down travel. The issue is possibly over compressing the shock and losing uptravel running more bumpstop. This is why uppers are done as well.

mattgt5 01-16-2014 04:04 AM

I would assume it is similar to running the 6 paks. I have the six packs and the stick lower mounts are gone. If u needed to send a shock back for service I would remove a rear and put in a stock length shock to fit with my 3.5" lift. That is where the relo brackets take you.

sent from my work leash

jeep-rat 01-16-2014 04:39 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I'm using them, the extra clearance is nice. I wish they weren't so wide, using all the washers to take up space looks kind of cheesy. I ended up using the synergy upper mount relocation brackets to get some travel back. The combo works great together.
Attachment 524088Attachment 524089Attachment 524090Attachment 524091Attachment 524092