JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Metalcloak Rocksport Shocks (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/metalcloak-rocksport-shocks-334194/)

ajeeper 05-30-2016 04:48 AM

Metalcloak Rocksport Shocks

Anyone running these and have some real world reviews?

outlaw26 05-30-2016 04:01 PM

Just put a set on my last week. Wheeled at hot springs this weekend and very happy off-road. I haven't drove it down the road yet.

larry0071 05-31-2016 03:10 AM

I was at a jeep event recently and won a voucher for a complete set of 4 RosckSport shocks, but I also just bought a complete set of Fox Performance Series and installed them with my lift. So I have no use for the RockSport shocks. It wuld be interesting to hear if anyone feels that they are better/worse than the Fox shocks I have installed now. I know that the Fox shocks ride very well and control 37" well both on and off road. I've yet to meet anyone with the Metal Cloak shocks to get a face to face opinion.

Chuck-The-Ripper 05-31-2016 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by larry0071 (Post 4220781)
I was at a jeep event recently and won a voucher for a complete set of 4 RosckSport shocks, but I also just bought a complete set of Fox Performance Series and installed them with my lift. So I have no use for the RockSport shocks. It wuld be interesting to hear if anyone feels that they are better/worse than the Fox shocks I have installed now. I know that the Fox shocks ride very well and control 37" well both on and off road. I've yet to meet anyone with the Metal Cloak shocks to get a face to face opinion.

We should do a little bargaining :wink:

larry0071 05-31-2016 05:10 AM

Chuck,

I need a set of drive shafts and yokes (not stock) and a chromoly drag link.

Chuck-The-Ripper 05-31-2016 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by larry0071 (Post 4220798)
Chuck, I need a set of drive shafts and yokes (not stock) and a chromoly drag link.

I have an Adams rear that i could probably trade if that would work for you!

DomTheBomb 05-31-2016 11:54 AM

I have a set, have had them for a few months now. I dont have much to compare them to though. I was told when I ordered them that they were very similar to the OME shocks that Metalcloak sells. FWIW they surprised me for their price point on how well they ride. We just took a 7 hour road trip to outer banks this weekend and loaded up they actually rode a little smoother than normal. I dont have a really heavy jeep to begin with but I like them on the day to day ride. I guess time will tell how they really hold up though since I have only had them on since the end of Feb.

larry0071 05-31-2016 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper (Post 4220873)
I have an Adams rear that i could probably trade if that would work for you!

Yes, if you want the voucher in trade, I would be interested. I need both shafts, so that would get me half way there. Do you have the yoke(s) required to use it as well?