Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3.8L vapor canister purge valve to engine side connection

Old 09-08-2022, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default 3.8L vapor canister purge valve to engine side connection

I'm in the middle of swapping in a hemi in my 2008 JK. I don't have the original engine anymore, so I can't reference that.
I did not take note of how the purge valve connected to the engine side when I removed it. I looked at some pictures on the web, but they are not detailed enough.
So can I get someone to take a picture of this connection and give an explanation of what exactly it's connected to.
Thanks
Old 09-14-2022, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I figured out the connection.

There is one thing I want to say about this thread. So far there are 83 people that have looked at it. Everyone of the 83 have this on their engine. And not one has responded. So why are we here?
Old 09-16-2022, 10:45 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Junkyard junkie
I figured out the connection.

There is one thing I want to say about this thread. So far there are 83 people that have looked at it. Everyone of the 83 have this on their engine. And not one has responded. So why are we here?
A lot of folks that view this likely are not members, so can't post. On top of that. even though you specify the 3.8L motor, most JKs have the 3.6L. And many folks likely have no idea what the canister purge valve is, so gave the thread a pass after glancing at it. Finally, when I saw this post a few days ago, I made a mental note to take a photo to answer the question once the sun came up. Except I wasn't thinking because my Jeep was in the shop having some work done. I got it back, and seeing this just now, clicked on it to see if the question had been answered. Since you've solved your question, that's good. I won't bother to take the picture.
The following users liked this post:
Junkyard junkie (09-17-2022)

Quick Reply: 3.8L vapor canister purge valve to engine side connection