Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mishimoto Radiator

Old 02-10-2017, 07:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My factory failed at 116,000 and just replaced with this.

Cooling Systems and Flexibles 3592 OE Replacement Radiator with Plastic Tank & Aluminum Core for 07-11 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK | Quadratec
Old 02-11-2017, 02:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rednroll
I'm thinking you might not get a lot of responses about a Griffin in a Mishimoto discussion thread.
Ha ha ha. Probably not. I just need a solution. I was looking at the flexalite but I don't want to have to swap the trans cooler. The only other "all aluminum" was the Griffin.

I'm super disappointed in the Mishimoto. The look is fantastic and the fit is great, but having my second one start leaking just a couple of weeks after install........
Old 02-11-2017, 05:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bkundingerii
Ha ha ha. Probably not. I just need a solution. I was looking at the flexalite but I don't want to have to swap the trans cooler. The only other "all aluminum" was the Griffin.

I'm super disappointed in the Mishimoto. The look is fantastic and the fit is great, but having my second one start leaking just a couple of weeks after install........
What are you wanting to accomplish? OE is probably sufficient for the vast majority of uses. Is it as blingy as an aftermarket? Obviously not, but "if it ain't broke"..
Griffin makes a high quality product, but again, what's the need/want?
Old 02-11-2017, 12:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by landoawd
What are you wanting to accomplish? OE is probably sufficient for the vast majority of uses. Is it as blingy as an aftermarket? Obviously not, but "if it ain't broke"..
Griffin makes a high quality product, but again, what's the need/want?
What do I want to accomplish? Well, for starters, to have a radiator that is reliable. The OEM nylon/aluminum ones are garbage. For that matter, so are the Mishimoto. So I guess I'm trying to accomplish having a reliable vehicle through quality parts.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:49 PM
JK Freak

Mine gave up the ghost at 160k, just went with OEM and local, $100, life time warranty. Thought about others, but it came down, reliability and down time. At least local I can take it out and swap. Online, I have to do a warranty request, the the new one shipped, just too much time.
Old 02-11-2017, 05:13 PM
JK Newbie

My 15's radiator just gave up at 23k miles. It will be replaced with OEM under warranty. Once the warranty runs out and it fails again I will be looking at mishimoto product. I do run now of their radiators in my 95 Eclipse and it appears to be a great piece.

Looking at the point of failure on my oem radiator it seems to have started near the top on the driver side.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by blackstang3o2
My 15's radiator just gave up at 23k miles. It will be replaced with OEM under warranty. Once the warranty runs out and it fails again I will be looking at mishimoto product. I do run now of their radiators in my 95 Eclipse and it appears to be a great piece.

Looking at the point of failure on my oem radiator it seems to have started near the top on the driver side.
Had the same problem with the OEM at just about the same mileage. I know a bunch of people that had their OEM radiator take a dump before 30k (all of which are 2015/16 JKs. I think this is an "FCA/Jeep unacknowledged" problem with these model years.

I opted to not do a warranty claim and just changed it out with the Mishimoto. The thought was to put in a quality radiator that I wouldn't need to think about for a 100k miles or so. I've installed 2 of these Mishimotos now and have already submitted a "refund" claim for the second. They have a serious problem going on with these. I wouldn't recommend anyone buying these until they figure it out.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:42 AM
JK Newbie

What do I want to accomplish? Well, for starters, to have a radiator that is reliable. The OEM nylon/aluminum ones are garbage. For that matter, so are the Mishimoto. So I guess I'm trying to accomplish having a reliable vehicle through quality parts.
Fair enough. If the OE isn't doing it (haven't seen the amount of OE failures you have, I guess), sticking to an established, quality brand like Griffin should suit you.
Originally Posted by blackstang3o2
I do run now of their radiators in my 95 Eclipse and it appears to be a great piece.
I hope it's an RS/GS so the catastrophic failure it could cause is less catastrophic. 4g engines do not like heat.
Old 02-13-2017, 05:36 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had the same problem with the OEM at just about the same mileage. I know a bunch of people that had their OEM radiator take a dump before 30k (all of which are 2015/16 JKs. I think this is an "FCA/Jeep unacknowledged" problem with these model years.

I opted to not do a warranty claim and just changed it out with the Mishimoto. The thought was to put in a quality radiator that I wouldn't need to think about for a 100k miles or so. I've installed 2 of these Mishimotos now and have already submitted a "refund" claim for the second. They have a serious problem going on with these. I wouldn't recommend anyone buying these until they figure it out.
Hi bkundingerii,

I just wanted to apologize for the trouble you had with our radiator. Did our customer service ask you about your vehicle / its usage when you contacted them about the refund? We've noticed a lower failure rate within the 15/16 JK's so I'm curious to know more details. I'm also going to speak with the project manager and engineer on this to see if they may want to take a look at your failed radiators. I also wanted to reiterate that we have sold a good number of these radiators and the majority of them have not had issues; however, our customers' satisfaction is our highest priority so we're taking the failures that have occurred very seriously and looking for a solution.

As far as the Griffin radiator goes, we've fit our radiator on both the 3.6L JK and the 3.8L JK without any fitment issues, I would assume that the Griffin would be the same.

Sorry again for the inconvenience,

-Steve
Old 02-13-2017, 12:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mishimoto
Hi bkundingerii,

I just wanted to apologize for the trouble you had with our radiator. Did our customer service ask you about your vehicle / its usage when you contacted them about the refund? We've noticed a lower failure rate within the 15/16 JK's so I'm curious to know more details. I'm also going to speak with the project manager and engineer on this to see if they may want to take a look at your failed radiators. I also wanted to reiterate that we have sold a good number of these radiators and the majority of them have not had issues; however, our customers' satisfaction is our highest priority so we're taking the failures that have occurred very seriously and looking for a solution.

As far as the Griffin radiator goes, we've fit our radiator on both the 3.6L JK and the 3.8L JK without any fitment issues, I would assume that the Griffin would be the same.

Sorry again for the inconvenience,

-Steve
Steve, according to Phomma in your customer service, and I quote,

"Mishimoto is not having any issues with these radiators nor are we aware of any quality issues involving our radiators and the Jeep JK".

So, assuming that this is the stance of Mishimoto's customer service, can you tell us all how many "lifetime warranty" replacements Mishimoto has sent out for P/N - MMRAD-WRA-07 over the past 12 months.

I think your customers would be happy to know this figure. I know I have now had two warranty claims in 4 months, and from this thread there are probably at least a dozen more.

I'd be happy to send my radiator back, tell me where you'd like it sent and pay me $30 (warranty replacement shipping cost) and I'll send it as soon as I remove it.

I'm not looking to get into a whole debate whether or not Mishimoto is producing a quality product, the proof is in the pudding (2 radiator failures in a combined 6000 miles). My time and the reliability of my vehicle is far more important than the $390 price that this product is selling for. I do not and will not accept a replacement for a third time. At this point if Mishimoto wants to save face, they should offer a refund for the receipt (proof necessary) amount should your customers deem that necessary.

To have to call your customer service have a debate about "if there is an issue" is piss poor.

Quick Reply: Mishimoto Radiator