Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mishimoto's 2012+ JK Wrangler Baffled Oil Catch Can R&D

Old 03-29-2018, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Mishimoto
It's a little tough to say - Is this the older version of the SPOD?

-Steve
I'm not using the SPOD bracket, I'm using the Metalcloak bracket which does share a mounting point with your bracket. The space below my bracket looks clear enough to fit the catch can but that shared mounting bolt probably wouldn't play nice. However, that part of your bracket is actually flat with two bolts to connect the gusset/mount attachment. I could probably drill the Metalcloak bracket and bolt your bracket to it with spacers in between. Hard to guess without all the parts in front of me. I may have to order a kit and give it a shot. There was a LOT of oil residue in the intake, it's probably worth the fuss.
Old 03-29-2018, 12:29 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by icrashbikes
I'm not using the SPOD bracket, I'm using the Metalcloak bracket which does share a mounting point with your bracket. The space below my bracket looks clear enough to fit the catch can but that shared mounting bolt probably wouldn't play nice. However, that part of your bracket is actually flat with two bolts to connect the gusset/mount attachment. I could probably drill the Metalcloak bracket and bolt your bracket to it with spacers in between. Hard to guess without all the parts in front of me. I may have to order a kit and give it a shot. There was a LOT of oil residue in the intake, it's probably worth the fuss.
Ah gotcha, it does look like it would fit underneath with some minor modification. Definitely let me know if you decide to pull the trigger on it!

Thanks,

-Steve

Quick Reply: Mishimoto's 2012+ JK Wrangler Baffled Oil Catch Can R&D