Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mopar 4'' lift info

Old 10-25-2017, 04:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mopar 4'' lift info

swapping out an RE 2.5'' for the mopar 4''...the RE didn't come with any leveling spacers and the rear sagged a bit...im looking at the pics online for the mopar 4'' and notice the same sag...anyone on here running a mopar 4'' can confirm and if so what size leveling puck should i run? plan on installing this thing on saturday.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:32 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

Hopefully you're planning on a different form of caster correction than using the cam bolts in that kit.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I recently put the MOPAR 4" on my 2009 JKU-R, and the rear actually sat noticeably higher than the front. So much so that I removed the MOPAR rear coils and reinstalled the factory coils and some 2" budget boost pucks I had on the shelf. Now it sits perfectly level with a lightweight front bumper, Warn Powerplant winch, and modified stock rear bumper with no spare tire.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by tobyw
I recently put the MOPAR 4" on my 2009 JKU-R, and the rear actually sat noticeably higher than the front. So much so that I removed the MOPAR rear coils and reinstalled the factory coils and some 2" budget boost pucks I had on the shelf. Now it sits perfectly level with a lightweight front bumper, Warn Powerplant winch, and modified stock rear bumper with no spare tire.
Hmm. I would have left the rear coils, measured unloaded front ride height, then loaded (winch & bumper) and added the amount o spacer to the front needed to compensate for the added weight.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

My rig has a factory installed 4" Mopar lift. Never noticed any sag, haven't examined the lift to see if they did anything unusual either (2011 purchased used in 2012).

Click image for larger version

Name:	RJ Mobile.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	675722
Old 10-28-2017, 03:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnInPaso
My rig has a factory installed 4" Mopar lift. Never noticed any sag, haven't examined the lift to see if they did anything unusual either (2011 purchased used in 2012).

Attachment 675722
Do you mean dealer installed? Is yours the new (last two years) Mopar kit or an older one? I'm curious how much lift you actually got from the kit. The newer 2" Mopar kit is actually more a 3" actual. Wondering if the 4" is in the 5" ballpark.
Old 10-28-2017, 04:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tobyw
with the added weight of the bumper and winch up front and almost 100 pounds (going off my tire/wheel combo weight) missing from the back it will sit high in the back like that every time.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SoK66
Do you mean dealer installed? Is yours the new (last two years) Mopar kit or an older one? I'm curious how much lift you actually got from the kit. The newer 2" Mopar kit is actually more a 3" actual. Wondering if the 4" is in the 5" ballpark.
Yes, dealer installed, my error. Actually the measured lift is closer to 3.5". I have no added weight to the rig (i.e. no aftermarket bumpers). The lift was installed in 2011. HTH.
Old 10-28-2017, 01:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the new stage 1, 2” lift on my 2017 JK and got a measured 3.5” of lift. No other weight added yet.

Dealer installed prior to pickup about 4 months ago.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SoK66
Hmm. I would have left the rear coils, measured unloaded front ride height, then loaded (winch & bumper) and added the amount o spacer to the front needed to compensate for the added weight.
Originally Posted by zstairlessone
with the added weight of the bumper and winch up front and almost 100 pounds (going off my tire/wheel combo weight) missing from the back it will sit high in the back like that every time.
Yep, and I knew that was probably going to be the case going in. But I wanted to keep the overall height as low as possible so it would still squeeze inside my toy hauler. Bringing the front UP to match the rear was not the right answer for my case.

Quick Reply: mopar 4'' lift info