JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Mopar Big Brake Upgrade on Manual - Booster / Master Cylinder (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/mopar-big-brake-upgrade-manual-booster-master-cylinder-342340/)

Roryslife 05-28-2017 08:26 AM

Mopar Big Brake Upgrade on Manual - Booster / Master Cylinder

Im about to purchase the Mopar Brake Kit, since my stock brakes are struggling with my 38's... and Im going even lower geared with an Atlas 4.

I've found multiple references to issues with the manual transmission and install of the master cylinder / booster... specifically with the reservoir.

Im look for some specifics on what the fix is... i.e. part numbers, details etc...

Also, does anyone have a preference for rear brake options.

jedg 05-28-2017 09:09 AM

Perhaps consider the Dynatrac ProGrip kit? I'm running this kit and am pleased. No need to replace the MC and comes with all four discs.

It does a great job of braking with 37s and holds me in place in 4LO (my OEM brakes didn't) with my 6.0L and 6L80E.

I realize that your Atlas4 will give you a much lower overall gear, but figured I'd throw it out there.

Roryslife 05-29-2017 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by jedg (Post 4293727)
Perhaps consider the Dynatrac ProGrip kit? I'm running this kit and am pleased. No need to replace the MC and comes with all four discs.

It does a great job of braking with 37s and holds me in place in 4LO (my OEM brakes didn't) with my 6.0L and 6L80E.

I realize that your Atlas4 will give you a much lower overall gear, but figured I'd throw it out there.

Yeah. After more research, I think this is what Im going to end up doing.

I will probably end up with 60/60 PR in a year or two, and will do the MC at that time.

jedg 05-29-2017 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Roryslife (Post 4293864)
Yeah. After more research, I think this is what Im going to end up doing.

I will probably end up with 60/60 PR in a year or two, and will do the MC at that time.

:thumbsup: I think you'll find that the ProGrip kit will do a good job for you.

Rednroll 05-29-2017 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Roryslife (Post 4293722)
Im about to purchase the Mopar Brake Kit, since my stock brakes are struggling with my 38's... and Im going even lower geared with an Atlas 4.

I've found multiple references to issues with the manual transmission and install of the master cylinder / booster... specifically with the reservoir.

Im look for some specifics on what the fix is... i.e. part numbers, details etc...

Also, does anyone have a preference for rear brake options.

In the Mopar install instructions, it states you need to install a clutch reservoir. Call Mopar and ask them to provide you a Part Number of what you need.

Ryan0260 05-30-2017 05:58 AM

X2 on the Dynatrac ProGrip system. It is a complete bolt on kit, with nothing else needed, and it is a huge upgrade over stock. It also doesn't change the pedal feel like some of the other kits out there. Highly recommend.

Dynatrac 05-30-2017 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Ryan0260 (Post 4293886)
X2 on the Dynatrac ProGrip system. It is a complete bolt on kit, with nothing else needed, and it is a huge upgrade over stock. It also doesn't change the pedal feel like some of the other kits out there. Highly recommend.

Thanks Ryan! We're always happy to hear feedback like this!

jedg 05-30-2017 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Dynatrac (Post 4293893)
Thanks Ryan! We're always happy to hear feedback like this!

hahaha... I guess I'm chopped liver... :D

Dynatrac 05-30-2017 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by jedg (Post 4293897)
hahaha... I guess I'm chopped liver... :D

Not at all Jed. We think of you as the finest caviar!

Jokes aside, thank you for your feedback and we're glad you're a vocal proponent of the ProGrip system and Dynatrac products!

jedg 05-30-2017 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Dynatrac (Post 4293898)
Not at all Jed. We think of you as the finest caviar!

Jokes aside, thank you for your feedback and we're glad you're a vocal proponent of the ProGrip system and Dynatrac products!

Just giving you some flak. :cool:

Seriously though, one of the better upgrades I've made to my Jeep and provides enough increased performance that I see this as a necessary part of moving to larger tires / heavier rigs.