Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mopar Big Brake Upgrade on Manual - Booster / Master Cylinder

Old 05-30-2017, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
In the Mopar install instructions, it states you need to install a clutch reservoir. Call Mopar and ask them to provide you a Part Number of what you need.
The one they recommend costs $100!!!!! You can get the exact same reservoir from a motorcycle parts store for a fraction of the price, and it's the same size.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 05-30-2017, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by ReconJeep
The one they recommend costs $100!!!!! You can get the exact same reservoir from a motorcycle parts store for a fraction of the price, and it's the same size.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Yeah, I don't have a manual so I never had to look into it further. If you have the info on the motor cycle resevoir that seems like useful information to the OP's question. Even at an additional $100 that would put the Mopar BBK at $800 which is still below the cost of most other brake upgrade solutions, where replacement pads, calipers and rotors are also more widely available since replacements for these parts which normally wear out can be found at any autoparts store and a multitude of online retailers including aftermarket alternatives.

Bigger booster, and MC filling and providing more pressure in pushing larger calipers is a more complete brake upgrade solution. Sure you can get by with just adding larger rotors, and calipers while re-using the stock booster, MC and notice an improvement in braking but when you understand the entire brake system, you also are able to realize that it is further beneficial to upgrade the additional components to match the use of adding larger calipers and rotors. It's like upgrading your suspension by just adding taller springs and shocks. Those parts will give you the lift you wanted, but adding in the longer control arms, sway bar links and trackbars is what gets you closer to where you really want to be to get the most benefit out of that suspension lift upgrade. It's the same with your braking system.

Last edited by Rednroll; 05-30-2017 at 11:44 AM.
Old 05-11-2021, 04:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
Not at all Jed. We think of you as the finest caviar!

Jokes aside, thank you for your feedback and we're glad you're a vocal proponent of the ProGrip system and Dynatrac products!
he sold me! ProGrip added to the list after I install my lift 👍🏼

Quick Reply: Mopar Big Brake Upgrade on Manual - Booster / Master Cylinder