Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mopar bumpers

Old 02-13-2007, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mopar bumpers

how do you find the bumper package on mopars website?
Old 02-13-2007, 05:16 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems like a trick question....

Go here. Click "exterior accessories" then click (you guessed it....) "bumpers".
Old 02-13-2007, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Not on Mopar site yet

Originally Posted by zeeksta
how do you find the bumper package on mopars website?
I just installed on my Rubi unlimited ...talk to your dealer, they will have to call jeep Toledo to get the order number...I ordered the bumper, front skid plate, winch, fog lights, and the light pigtails...very heavy steel with nice welds and powder coated...winch installs low and does not interfer with airflow to the radiator...off road today with outside temperature of 70 degrees and highest coolant temp went to 226 which is the same I have had off road with same outside temperature before the install...the bumper is made to accomdate the crush cans and the air bag system...crush cans take up to a eight mile per hour front impact...and prevent the impact getting to the air bag system...aftermarkets, as of yet do not take that into consideration...Mopar pulled the system in october for further work and just began releasing to the dealers...easy install... something to thinkl about

Last edited by crwood1; 02-13-2007 at 05:24 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default give me a little credit dooger

its not on there!!!! thanks for the sarcasm though, it helped me find them much faster
Old 02-13-2007, 05:27 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by crwood1
...crush cans take up to a eight mile per hour front impact...and prevent the impact getting to the air bag system...aftermarkets, as of yet do not take that into consideration...
I know AEV has incorporated the factory crush cans into their bumper. I believe a couple of other have, too.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:31 PM
JK Jedi

its not on there!!!! thanks for the sarcasm though, it helped me find them much faster
Sorry, zeeksta, I didn't mean to be sarcastic (I knew it was a trick question! ).... you're right it's only the rear:

• 82209744 Bumpers, Off-Road Rear, Includes Tow Eyes. Not drilled for Tire carrier mounting. Compatable with production hitch or tow hook.$499.00
  • 82209916 Bumpers, Off-Road Rear, Includes Tow Eyes. Drilled to accept optional 82210485 Spare Tire carrier. Compatable with production hitch or tow hook.$515.00
Old 02-13-2007, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default no worries

i thought there was an entire package you could buy bumpers, winch skid and carrier, figured id save big buying a package! yeah right!
Old 02-13-2007, 05:40 PM
JK Jedi Master

If you are buying Mopar you will never "save big." JMO.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:42 PM
JK Jedi

i thought there was an entire package you could buy bumpers, winch skid and carrier, figured id save big buying a package! yeah right!
Yeah, you are right. The brochure shows an "off-road package" that includes skids, a Warn winch and front and rear bumpers, but it's not on the Mopar website... it might be more fun (and wiser) to build your own package, though-- there are a lot of aftermarket options out there

Here's the page from the brochure:

Old 02-14-2007, 06:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Robar
If you are buying Mopar you will never "save big." JMO.
I don't know about that. I got the front and rear off road bumpers for less than several of the FRONT bumpers from the aftermarket world. The ones I was looking at were in the $1,000 to $1,200 range just for the front bumper. Prices on the Mopar/Jeep bumpers were:
Front bumper was $543 (includes shipping costs from an out of town dealer)
Rear was $499 (picked up).

Granted, some of those aftermarket bumpers are pretty sweet, but at twice the price, I'll give them a miss.
(update: I have seen a few other bumpers for less, but when I ordered mine the pickings were a bit slim)

By going with the Mopar/Jeep bumpers I've saved roughly enough to buy my winch and front skid plate (Warn M8000: $530, Mopar skid: $225) with money left over to go toward my upgraded battery.

What's not to love?

YMMV

-S

Last edited by smaug; 02-14-2007 at 07:02 PM.

Quick Reply: mopar bumpers