Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.5" vs 3.5" coils and shocks

Old 07-27-2010, 10:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5" vs 3.5" coils and shocks

I want to lift this bitch soon and I can't decide what to do. I don't do serious crawling but I do get out into the desert and want to try some more challenging trails. So, 2.5 or 3.5 or so?

I am putting 33's on it when my stock tires die, so more than 3.5 is overkill for me.

Also, I want a great ride on and off the road as my dd. I am looking at the RE 3.5 superflex, but it is much more expensive than 2.5's on the market.

Would I be better off getting the superflex and great shocks or a 2.5 coil and great shocks? And what are great shocks? I want a fully adjustable ride I will not be sorry with ever. What size shocks will I need for a 2.5 or 3.5 lift?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin
Old 07-28-2010, 06:34 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Kevin

Check out our 2.5" systems that are new to the market. If you want an adjustable shock that is affordable, look at combining our system with the Pro Comp MX6! Anything more than 2.5 for 33's is over kill.

Bustabizz on here works at 4WD hardware and he will smoke you a price for sure.

Rock Krawler
Old 07-28-2010, 08:23 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TeraFlex offers FOX/ELKA and TeraFlex shocks for any of our 2.5"/3" and taller kits. Do a search here and you'll find numerous happy TeraFlex customers.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I were you I would go to the following link and talk with Bryan before the end of the month. I went with the RK over the Teraflex becuase of the price for the components that you get. I do like how easy it is to upgrade the RK, not heard much on how easy it is to upgrade the Teraflex.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ree-Shipping!!

It does not hurt to talk with someone that sells both to get the kit that is best for you. Bryan at 4WD, and/or Dave at Northridge 4x4 will get you set up correctly.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:42 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MrBig
If I were you I would go to the following link and talk with Bryan before the end of the month. I went with the RK over the Teraflex becuase of the price for the components that you get. I do like how easy it is to upgrade the RK, not heard much on how easy it is to upgrade the Teraflex.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ree-Shipping!!

It does not hurt to talk with someone that sells both to get the kit that is best for you. Bryan at 4WD, and/or Dave at Northridge 4x4 will get you set up correctly.
Actually it's very easy to upgrade most TeraFlex kits.

Quick Reply: 2.5" vs 3.5" coils and shocks