Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Black 2013 JKU Freedom Edition Build Thread!!

Old 03-12-2013, 11:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Black 2013 JKU Freedom Edition Build Thread!!

Hey Gents,

Just received my first of two orders of parts from Quadratec for my Jeep build that I am starting this weekend. Thus far this week has been the longest week of my life. Last Saturday I went to see my friendly Jeep salesmen at my local dealership and got a deal on a brand new black JKU that I just couldn't pass up. I can't even begin to tell you how critical and helpful this website and forum were to my careful decisions on which parts to order.

I pick up my Jeep at 9 AM on Saturday and plan on driving her straight back to my house to start on the 6 hours or so of installation I have in front of me, it's going to be a great weekend. I wanted to take the time to set up this thread while I'm not busy in the garage getting my hands dirty. But fear not there will be plenty of updates and photos uploaded come Saturday during various stages of my different install projects.

What I'm Installing on Saturday:
-Banks Stainless Steel Monster Exhaust
-Banks Ram-Air Cold Air Intake
-Pavement Ends Rear Bumper (With D-Rings)
-Windshield Mounted KC HiLiTE SlimLites 130W
-Quadratec/Kicker Sound Bar Replacement Speakers
-Mopar/Kicker 6.5" In-Dash Replacement Speakers
-Brushed Aluminum Hurst T-Handle Shifter (With the screw on conversion I found on the thread linked below)
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...e-more-249832/

Really pumped to have found this forum as it seems to really have a kick ass community. Can't wait to snap some photos and share my build with you guys this weekend.

Cheers!

Andrew
Old 03-12-2013, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can we get a before and after clip of the exhaust and intake? I say before and after to get an idea of whatever camera you'd use's distortion. Or just a good after lol
Old 03-12-2013, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Very nice. Welcome to the forum!
Old 03-12-2013, 01:49 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys! Yeah I'm going to be using my Nikon D3400 DSLR to take the video and most likely my iPhone for the still shots. I'll probably have to compress the video to upload on here/YouTube but ill do the best I can to capture the exhaust note. Although from what I've read it takes some time to break in and get the sound correct.

But I will also be taking plenty of before/during/after of all of the parts I'm installing. I pick her up first thing in the morning and she's going straight to my garage to begin the fun. As of now I only have this one photo I took at the dealership. But, MANY more to come.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3011873065.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	433125  
Old 03-12-2013, 03:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome. I'm gonna be watching this one whilst my money stash regains girth
Old 03-13-2013, 09:39 PM
JK Newbie

Default Pictures of my Pile of Plunder

So I'm unfortunately still counting down the days/hours until I pick up my new lady at 9 AM EST on Saturday. But the past couple days helped me get my mind off of everything with the continuous stream of boxes that were showing up at my house. I've got my tools, jack stands, and parts ready.. Now all I need is my JKU and I'll be all set! (small detail, I know).

Here are a couple pics of all of the parts that have come in thus far as well as some of my tool boxes of tools I will need throughout the install. In the front (or left of the photos) you can see my Pavement Ends rear steel bumper. It weighs a ton but I'm pretty happy with how it looks and think it will compliment my black JKU nicely. Not sure if you can tell in these photos but I put on strips of no-slip black adhesive grip tape on the rear bumper so that I don't slip on it and kill myself before I have a chance to spray it with BedLiner.

Well I know that I can't, but hopefully y'all can tolerate me and the wait for a couple more days until I bombard this thread and this forum with tons of photos of my Jeep in various stages of undress. Hoping I will be able to compile a couple decent tutorials or at least picture tutorials to some of the projects I'm tackling on Saturday.

Cheers,

Andrew

Name:	photo-2.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	433734   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-3.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	433735  
Old 04-04-2013, 03:06 PM
JK Newbie

Default 1 Month In

So my well thought out plan of thoroughly documenting all of the modifications I have done/have planned for my JK went right out the window the day I picked her up from the dealership. I have been thoroughly enjoying my new JK unlimited and been ordering/installing modifications whenever I am not out driving the beast. So here are some photos of the KC 130w Fogs I installed on windshield brackets. Additionally, I finally got around to installing the Pavement Ends rear steel bumper that I painted with bed liner a few days ago.

In addition to those mods, I have installed my Banks Cold Air Intake, a Hurst shift knob, 1 inch PPI tweeters, Alpine 2-way 6.5 inch (in the dash), Kicker 2-way 6.5 inch (sound bar), a Rockford Fosgate P-3 8 inch DVC subwoofer in a sealed box, as well as a 600w 4 channel amp to power some of my new goodies. The new intake is AMAZING and adds a real throaty sound while accelerating and possibly a slight gain in acceleration.

I have to resize some of these photos in order to upload them to the thread, I'll do that when I get home from work and share the glory!

Cheers
Old 04-04-2013, 03:09 PM
JK Junkie

Nice rig, good luck on the mods & welcome to the forum.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Very cool!
I just did a build to my 13 I bought a month ago!
Moab last week.

Name:	DSC04094.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	442905  
Old 04-06-2013, 10:50 AM
JK Newbie

Waiting on those pictures of the build

Quick Reply: My Black 2013 JKU Freedom Edition Build Thread!!