Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advices on how to get the right lift for my 4D JK

Old 07-11-2010, 08:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advices on how to get the right lift for my 4D JK

You have probably heard this question a million times but I have yet to find the "right" way to do it, not the cheap way, the ok way or the finish it later way.

I just bought a new 2010 4x4 jk 4D yesterday, ordered a set of XD Boss 18" with 35s Nitto Trail and now I want to lift my JK to fit those 35s the right way.

I will probably do 99% of regular road and maybe time to time some family fun trail riding.

I am obviously going for the "look" first but I don't want to compromise on comfort nor compromise the integrity of my JK.

I was planning on going for the 3.5" Teraflex lift but I keep hearing that the ride will be rough, so maybe I should go 2.5 or 3"?

I am not interested in just a BB lift, I want a complete coil lift with shocks.

What I am look for is the right setup, I want a complete kit and I have a budget of $2500.00 installed, but I need the ride to be as good as stock if not better.

Any feedback on those would be appreciated:
- OME/JKS Ultimate JK Hybrid Kit. (Kit includes: 4-OME Coils, 4-OME Shocks, JKS Adjustable Front & Rear Trackbars, JKS Adj Front & Rear Lower Control Arms & Front & Rear Extended Bumpstops)

- TF 2.5 Coil lift kit with Shocks.

- TF 2.5 Coil lift kit with Elka shocks.

- TF 2.5 Coil lift kit with OME shocks.

- 3.5" Rubicon Express lift kit with Shocks

Thanks,
Setphane
Old 07-11-2010, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Any time you change the suspension differences in ride will occur. You are obviously looking for the lifted look and that will come with a lil sacrifice of ride quality, especially with the 35s under there. Some kits are stiffer ,some softer. I have a 4" Teraflex lift and it is a bit stiffer than stock, but I love it. At the end of the day it is up to personal preference and maybe you should find some JK owners in your area and see if you can take it for a spin.

As for price, I paid 2100 for my lift and like I said before, it is a Teraflex 4" with upper and lower control arms. Hope this helps
Old 07-11-2010, 10:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

As soon as you put the 35" tires on, your ride will start to get rougher (the politically correct term is stiffer or firmer). The side walls are stiffer than stock and you can't do anything about it. Most short arm lifts won't improve your ride quality from stock either. A taller spring by it's nature will be stiffer. That said, I went with the 3"OME hybred from Northridge. It is a complete lift with everything you need and nothing you don't. I went with the lower Teraflex control arms instead of the uppers. The ride is similar to what it was with just the 34" MTRs/K and stock springs and a good price. Also, the The only thing I might add is adjustable arms all around for the added flex with no binding. I say MIGHT, because it flexes pretty good now.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

first i in the same boat and i been doing homework on lift for the past 4 months and is hard as hell to find what the best to your jeep and your desire so far i wanted the 3" TF the basic lift most people run them and have heard great things about them but the basic 3 inch with Adjustable Front Track Bar and Front Lower Control Arms would run you for around $1500 " TF give lifetime warranty which is great" but if the ride is the may consert like AEV 3.5 premiun "$1600" have to the the first place to most shops and vendor that i have talk to so far if my choice with the adding on lower control arms if you do so search would find the same answer as i have 2.5 are not a bad choice but most people have wanted to go bigger later on and them get new lifts so 2.5 is not my way to go

as far as tire the nitto tire was a good choice but also been doing research on the and i was on a of my friend truck with BFG ko"best road ride suppostly" nitto trail "325/70/17" and the Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ Radial Tire and the best one with to me was the MT ATZ but that's me if off road is the may consert goodyears Wrangler MT/R and BFG km2 are bad ass tires
Old 07-11-2010, 11:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a look at this kit.

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...OME-LT-JK-LIFT
Old 07-11-2010, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

call dave at Northridge and this pic may also help u since you are going on looks

and also search on the forum for 35's
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...&highlight=35s

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/atta...chmentid=54140
4" TF and 35s

AEV 3.5" and 35s

3" TF and 35

2.5" TF and 35

Quick Reply: Need advices on how to get the right lift for my 4D JK