Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Axle advice

Old 04-14-2010, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Axle advice

I want to get a new front axle for my JK, but dont want to spend an arm and a leg. I have a 5.5 inch lift with 37" tires and a supercharger. what will be the best axle and the cheapest one I cant get. I have a dana 30 on it now and a dana 44 on the back. Both are stock.

Thanks
Old 04-14-2010, 06:16 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

personally, i would get a dynatrac prorock 44. unlike the factory front 44 which has dana 30 tubes and small knuckles, the prorock 44 is beefed up substantially, has a high clearance diff, is designed specifically for the jk and can reuse some of the components off of your existing dana 30.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although it may seem like a lot,..I just ordered my DyanTrac Pro Rock 44. Structually it's even stronger than the Mopar J8 axle. I was getting ready to order the normal Mopar Rubi axle, but after having to re-gear it, adding the C-Gussets, and the axle tube sleeves and paying someone to weld them in, it was nearly the cost of my Dynatrac, and still no where rated as strong. Dynatrac will warranty their axle up to 37 inch tires also. Give them a call, I think you would be surprised. Great help, and they'll build the axl eto your specs and ship it. I had mine built with the Rubi Locker, shafts, 5:13's and upgraded U-joints (1350), ans then I'll reuse my stock 30 knuckles and wheel bearings. You can even have them install their new rebuildable Ball-joints (sort of a pricey option though)

Check them out, worth the call.

Quick Reply: Need Axle advice