Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a hardtop

Old 03-03-2019, 08:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a hardtop

After doing some calling and looking about, I think I am going to buy a non OEM hardtop. I am new to the site, sorta, but not easily finding threads on these.

I prefer a cheaper one (I am on a budget), but prefer insulated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:18 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,586 Posts

Todd, you're best bet is going to be sticking with a factory top, and keeping an eye either on FB or CL here in the metroplex. You're not going to see many aftermarket hard tops out there as they're more rare, and they're not going to be cheaper. You're also not going to find something that is insulated for cheap. That's just the reality of it. Profile doesn't specify JK or JKU, but you're probably looking $1200-$1400 for a hard top in our area.
The following users liked this post:
Todd13 (03-07-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 06:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks -
I need a hard top for my CO trips this summer. I will pull the trigger and buy a new non-OEM top next week as I know they have lead times. Wish I could pick up a used top, but those things are just high demand. I have seen a couple on CL last year, but they go in a day and timing is everything.

I appreciate the input.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:08 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,586 Posts

Are you going to throw a roof top tent up there or something? Would think you'd prefer a soft top in the summer so you could put that sucker down. Do you like the fastback look and that is why you prefer non-factory?

Quick Reply: Need a hardtop