Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help with Camber Issue 2014 JK

Old 09-18-2017, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with Camber Issue 2014 JK

Ok, so i have a 2014 JK Rubicon 2 door, Manual, 20k miles. Jeep is pulling Left and the pull gets more noticeable the faster i go. I just put a new set of 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on it, running 24psi cold, coming from 32" stock BFGs. I do believe the jeep had a mild pull to it before but got a lot worse when i put bigger tires on it. So i took it to the shop to get an alignment done, and the technician said that my Camber is off. And the only way to fix this is to get adjustable ball joints. My ball joints are not wore out at all.. so my question is, What is causing my Camber to be off, i mean my jeep is pretty new with really low miles? Not wheeled hard.. yet! Inner Cs shouldn't be bent cause the 37s have only been on there for like 3 weeks now and only been on pavement. As far as a lift, i put JKUR Springs on it, but the jeep is sitting about 1" lower on the right side. I just got spacers and am going to put them on this weekend to get the jeep as level as possible, well from left to right anyway. It is about 1" taller in the back cause i dont have a spare on it or back seat atm. Anybody have this happen to them before? Should i rotate the backs to the front to see if i have a bad tire? Need some help, i am not an expert on vehicle alignment. Thanks for the help
Old 09-18-2017, 08:25 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Lots of JKs have the camber out of spec just a bit from the factory. If yours isn't too far out, it's not worth the effort to get it back in.

Post your alignment sheet.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Lots of JKs have the camber out of spec just a bit from the factory. If yours isn't too far out, it's not worth the effort to get it back in.

Ill have to get it from the shop, i didn't get a print out of it.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronjenx

I'm going to call and get alignment sheet emailed to me tomorrow. Just say my camber does need adjusted, does anyone know where or what adjustable ballpoints to get? Do i have to replace the upper and lower joints with adjustable ball joints or can i just do the uppers or the lowers? Also found these Camber Shems.. might do the trick - http://www.spcalignment.com/componen...article?id=373

Last edited by YukonBlu; 09-18-2017 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you google "radial pull trailgrapplers" you can find many reported instances of those tires pulling left. It's a pretty well documented issue.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

X2. I had the same experience with my previous Trail Grapplers. I honestly got used to it and it didn't bother me.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Biginboca
If you google "radial pull trailgrapplers" you can find many reported instances of those tires pulling left. It's a pretty well documented issue.
Originally Posted by Ryan0260
X2. I had the same experience with my previous Trail Grapplers. I honestly got used to it and it didn't bother me.
I contacted Nitto about swapping out tires for the Nitto Mud Grapples. Honestly i dont want to deal with a pulling issue for the next 30k miles. Wonder what they are going to say.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

If they allow you to swap to the mud grapplers then you'd better get to love changing ball joints. It's a rougher riding tire and your steering/ suspension will feel it. Good luck with your camber issue, hopefully it's just at the edge of factory spec and not crazy out.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
If they allow you to swap to the mud grapplers then you'd better get to love changing ball joints. It's a rougher riding tire and your steering/ suspension will feel it. Good luck with your camber issue, hopefully it's just at the edge of factory spec and not crazy out.
Well what sucks is I'm running bead locks and if I go to another set of trail grapplers and same thing happens I'm gonna be super pist off. Mounting 37s on beadlocks is a pain in the ass, my back was really feeling it last time. If its not to far out... I think one wheel was like -1.6 degrees if I remember correctly. If that is the case I can get it back to -0.6 with shim and that would be in spec. Will just have to wait and get alignment sheet.

Im pretty sure Spec Camber is -0.6 to 0.1
Also about to say FUK it and buy PRO ROCK 60s lol

Last edited by YukonBlu; 09-19-2017 at 07:28 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:40 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by YukonBlu

Im pretty sure Spec Camber is -0.6 to 0.1
-0.62° to +0.12°

Quick Reply: Need Help with Camber Issue 2014 JK