Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help OME Heavy or Light Duty springs???

Old 11-05-2014, 12:49 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Big_Red_Hog_2013
The problem is I have a 2200 budget to get lift, wheels, and tires... I don't want a budget boost cuz the stock coils and shocks suck and I don't want to have to deal with control arms and driveshafts cuz I don't have the pockets for that...

Sounds like I'm gonna be stuck with a teraflex coil leveling kit and 33s :/
It sounds like you need to get a handle on what the components actually do.

Driveshafts fail because of the tall lift causing steep angles on the joints. Disconnecting and flexing offroad can accelerate the wear, but they can still fail with nothing more than onroad driving. It has nothing to do with the fact that you chose OME vs Teraflex. Three or four inches of lift is still three or four inches of lift, regardless of the stamp on the side of the box. Same thing with control arms (caster correction). As you lift higher, the pinion tilts up and the caster goes down. It is automatic and unavoidable. At some point, the caster gets low enough that you want to correct it. For you, that could be two inches, or it could be six inches. We can't tell you how 'you' will feel about the handling. And same thing for the axles. As you lift higher, they shift further and further to one side. At what point 'you' want to correct that will be for you to decide.

Quick Reply: Need Help OME Heavy or Light Duty springs???