Need more stopping power

Need more stopping power

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Need more stopping power

15 JKUR. 3" lift on 35's. Stock brakes.

Recommendations? Shooting for under $1,000

JK Jedi Master

What size rims? Does that include labor, or doing the work yourself?

Teraflex and Dynatrac make Big Rotor kits for all four corners, and Mopar and Teraflex make front-only Big Brake kits which include caliper upgrades. Minimum of 17" rims for these.

Quote Originally Posted by nthinuf View Post
    What size rims? Does that include labor, or doing the work yourself?

Teraflex and Dynatrac make Big Rotor kits for all four corners, and Mopar and Teraflex make front-only Big Brake kits which include caliper upgrades. Minimum of 17" rims for these.
    17" rims. Preferrably doing the work myself.

JK Junkie

I'm running 35s as well, I went with Teraflex's big rotor kit on all four corners. Never measured before and after stopping distances but the seat of the pants feel has definitely improved over stock. Easy bolt on install too.

Quote Originally Posted by afpilot82 View Post
    I'm running 35s as well, I went with Teraflex's big rotor kit on all four corners. Never measured before and after stopping distances but the seat of the pants feel has definitely improved over stock. Easy bolt on install too.
    This is the kit I was considering.

JK Jedi Master

I went with front/rear Teraflex rotors also. (and the Hawk LTS pads that were getting great reviews at that time)

Can't say if I got the 20% better performance I keep seeing posted, since I was running 37's with totally worn out pads and way warped rotors. All I can really say is it was a night and day improvement. From scary pulsing and pulling and hoping it would stop, to confidence.

Should have the power stop kit on the door step tomorrow. Just odd and rotors but I've heard really good things from guys running 37s saying that it's as good or better than stock. Plus it's only $330

Dynatrac ProGrip. I'm running 37s with a 6.0L. Prior to adding the ProGrip kit, I couldn't hold the vehicle in place when in 4LO with the brakes. Now, the rig stays put. Very easy install, noticeably improved braking. Perhaps it's just me, but I also think the vehicle doesn't dive as much (I admit this may be in my head) when hard braking.
    "Sometimes I find you have to work real hard to enjoy riding in the rain." ... a slow talking Harley rider I met on a very wet bike trip once...

JK Enthusiast

Check out the 17" kit from Blackmagic brakes. Great people and fantastic brakes.

JK Big Brake Kit 2007 - 2012
    2011 Rubicon JKU, XD60/PR80 ARB's and 5.38's, 3.8 Atlas, 5.3 LS and 6L80e

I ran the powerstop kit for a few years then I put on the Teraflex big rotor kit and WOW what a difference. IMO spend the few extra on the bigger rotors
    11 JKUR Auto, RIPP SC, Body Armor bumper, Warn XD9000I winch, Synthetic line,XRC Rear Bumper W/carrier, OBA W/1Gal Tank, 10lb CO2, Metalcloak 3.5 springs, Synergy track bar,drag link flip-Tie Rod, control arms and Ball Joints, C-gusset and sleeved, RuffStuff Diff. covers, FOX W\res shocks, Barricade Flat Fenders, Redneck Ram, 37 12.50\17 BFG KO2, 5.38 Motive gears, Uniden 520xl CB, Yaesu FT7900, Teraflex Big Rotors, Diablo Intune, Dynomax RC exhaust. W3JEP San Diego Jeep Club-Gulf War Vet. USAF

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast