JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Need new tie rod (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/need-new-tie-rod-295276/)

courtsm3 01-26-2014 06:53 PM

Need new tie rod

Bent my tie rod and drag link today going though a mud hole. Didnt see a large semi submerged log in the water. When i was coming out it jammed up in between the two. Kicked my jeep out of 4lo too. Thought it blew out my tranny lol. Thank god it didnt. Anyways, drag link i adjusted for the steering but my tie rod is bent rearwards. I hear guys saying a drag link and a tie rod flip? I hear tie rod flips mess with handling. Blah blah blah lol. Its not a brutal bend, shes drivable but needs to be addressed. Synergy? Curris? Anyone else? Experience with this is appreciated.

DunnyBunny 01-26-2014 06:59 PM

I have a synergy with brand new ends I may sale.

DunnyBunny 01-26-2014 07:00 PM

Tie rod that is. Most people talk bout a drag link flip. I think only the Reid knuckles allow a tie rod flip. Could be wrong though

matprovo 01-26-2014 07:00 PM

Check out Carolina Metal Masters. Good quality products.

courtsm3 01-26-2014 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny (Post 3820384)
Tie rod that is. Most people talk bout a drag link flip. I think only the Reid knuckles allow a tie rod flip. Could be wrong though

Heard that too. I dont wish to change the knuckles. Drag flip and hd tie rod works. 3.5" lift so im good for clearance.

meep97 01-26-2014 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by courtsm3 (Post 3820377)
Bent my tie rod and drag link today going though a mud hole. Didnt see a large semi submerged log in the water. When i was coming out it jammed up in between the two. Kicked my jeep out of 4lo too. Thought it blew out my tranny lol. Thank god it didnt. Anyways, drag link i adjusted for the steering but my tie rod is bent rearwards. I hear guys saying a drag link and a tie rod flip? I hear tie rod flips mess with handling. Blah blah blah lol. Its not a brutal bend, shes drivable but needs to be addressed. Synergy? Curris? Anyone else? Experience with this is appreciated.

A draglink flip is only needed if you have bump steer from running a taller lift (~3.5 and taller). To correctly run a draglink flip you also need to raise the trackbar.

Jersey_Devil 01-26-2014 07:18 PM

I bent my tie rod last march, it's still on my rig and going strong lol, I slammed it when on a rock on crawlers ridge in Rausch creek

Sent from my obama monitoring device

courtsm3 01-26-2014 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil (Post 3820406)
I bent my tie rod last march, it's still on my rig and going strong lol, I slammed it when on a rock on crawlers ridge in Rausch creek Sent from my obama monitoring device

No funny tire wear? Mine is bent rearwards towards the diff. Felt different over a few bumps on the way home too. I dont have bump steer. Drag link will be a pass then. Prob just replace the tie rod with synergy hd with hd joints.

Jersey_Devil 01-26-2014 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by courtsm3 (Post 3820452)
No funny tire wear? Mine is bent rearwards towards the diff. Felt different over a few bumps on the way home too. I dont have bump steer. Drag link will be a pass then. Prob just replace the tie rod with synergy hd with hd joints.

Nope not a bit, nice dent too, I'll take a pic tomorrow, mine is bent up from coming down on the rock

Sent from my obama monitoring device

Liquid741 01-26-2014 10:40 PM

I vote Currie...ridiculous quality. Rocks IMO, fear Currie.