Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need recs for a transmission cooler for 08 rubicon aut0

Old 10-11-2014, 05:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need recs for a transmission cooler for 08 rubicon aut0

Finally got my Jeep back from the dealer. thye replaced the transmission and front drive shaft. The service rep suggested I get a transmission cooler installed and maybe a filter too. But which one I see the mishimotos for like $280 any body have a link to an install guide?
Is this a hard install to do?

and what about a filter? and may a temp gauge? are those worth it?
the service rep said I can by pass the cooler that is on the jeep and something about a condenser in the cooler. I didn't understand.

so i need some advice on what is the best route to take on this.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rj'sjeep
Finally got my Jeep back from the dealer. thye replaced the transmission and front drive shaft. The service rep suggested I get a transmission cooler installed and maybe a filter too. But which one I see the mishimotos for like $280 any body have a link to an install guide?
Is this a hard install to do?

and what about a filter? and may a temp gauge? are those worth it?
the service rep said I can by pass the cooler that is on the jeep and something about a condenser in the cooler. I didn't understand.

so i need some advice on what is the best route to take on this.
The stock transmission cooler is in the bottom of the AC condenser and behind the bumper, so it pretty much sucks and JK's burn.

We use the B&M ultra and super coolers, they have strong fins that can handle abuse. There's lots of others out there including Mopar's offering. The Pentstar transmission cooler is nice..

Mount it about 3/8" from the front of the condenser so it gets cooling air from the fan.

I agree the stock cooler is not worth using. IMO stay away from double coolers for PS and Transmission in front of the condenser they block air to the radiator.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a write up: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...-cooler-37839/

This is the one I used: Amazon.com: B&M 70264 SuperCooler Automatic Transmission Cooler: Automotive

Quick Reply: need recs for a transmission cooler for 08 rubicon aut0