Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help, broke sway bar bolt

Old 06-27-2011, 11:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help, broke sway bar bolt

I was taking the rear sway bar bolts out of the frame and snapped one. I soaked them in pb for 2 days and still wouldnt come out. I tried a extracter but am afraid it will break to. I take it the nuts are welded in the frame, can I stick a piece of steel in there and bust them off and get new. Im at a stand still on my lift, any help would be great. Thanks
Old 06-27-2011, 11:35 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marine11
I was taking the rear sway bar bolts out of the frame and snapped one. I soaked them in pb for 2 days and still wouldnt come out. I tried a extracter but am afraid it will break to. I take it the nuts are welded in the frame, can I stick a piece of steel in there and bust them off and get new. Im at a stand still on my lift, any help would be great. Thanks
try heating up the bolt with a torch and try the extractor. If that does not work, find a lad with a plasma cutter.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will a small a propane torch get hot enough?
Old 06-27-2011, 12:52 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marine11
Will a small a propane torch get hot enough?
That is what I normally use for some of those nasty rusted up nuts/bolts to free them up.

Quick Reply: Need some help, broke sway bar bolt