Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Needed: Autozone Part Number JK 180° Thermostat

Old 01-18-2009, 11:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CIJeep
No, I don't know the temp setting for the switch, but switches/thermostats can be changed.

as to any detriments? You might find loss of power, loss of MPG and burned out exhaust system, but no one knows at this point how the computer electronics may respond. If you want to be the first guinea pig please let us know the sequence of events and how things went.
I think the OP is going to be the first guinea pig as he needs one for his Jet programmer. I clicked on the link to Autozone and it sure as dickens does list a 180 thermostat for a 2007 Wrangler. I don't imagine they'd even list or carry it if they didn't sell. At any rate I hope he posts his experiences.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

All I can do is part with the whopping $20 (if they have it in stock) and see what happens. I'll pass along the info. On my Hemi 5.7L Charger, swapping the thermostat to 180 and/or 170 was no biggie with the Diablosport tuner. It allowed the fan shut off/turn on parameters to be edited for the ECU/PCM. When I ran it on a 180 without the Diablo, I only occasionally received CEL's on very cold mornings on startup. I'll see if I can even get one and let everyone know what happens.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

The #4208 Valuecraft 180° thermostat (for 2007 Wrangler) has been ordered from their website and is on it's way. Less than $20 including shipping. I'll install it with the JET Stage II and post this weekend how it goes.
-Dave
Old 01-20-2009, 04:02 PM
JK Freak

I have the valuecraft 180 degree tstat #4208 in my 08 JK. Got it when I got the Jet chip and I have had it in for about 6 months now. I sold the Jet to JK-linux because I got a used hypertec to change tire size and gear size for the cost of the accupro. I have run colder tstats in performance vehicles before and have never had a problem with them and in conjunction with other mods you do get a little gain.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the info & great deal on the Jet II Billy.
Dave
Old 01-20-2009, 08:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepguyinMS
I have the valuecraft 180 degree tstat #4208 in my 08 JK. Got it when I got the Jet chip and I have had it in for about 6 months now. I sold the Jet to JK-linux because I got a used hypertec to change tire size and gear size for the cost of the accupro. I have run colder tstats in performance vehicles before and have never had a problem with them and in conjunction with other mods you do get a little gain.
It used to be quite common to run colder thermostats. But then we'd swap in a cam, pull the 2 bbl and stock manifold, run a better manifold and 4 bbl and headers. Lot's of things worked well in the 60's and 70's.

On my JK the temp needle is exactly straight up. Was that so with your JK and if so how much did it move to the left? Have you seen any oddball indications or any reduction in gas mileage?

Quick Reply: Needed: Autozone Part Number JK 180° Thermostat