Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New accessories flashing

Old 02-09-2007, 07:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New accessories flashing

Iam installing a hard top and fog lights in order for them to work do i have to pay $95 dollars to do a flash or will they work, also how easy is the install for the fog lights is the time to fit these in my stock bumber worth it or should i buy a new bumper.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:24 PM
JK Super Freak

you don't need a flash for anything you add on to your rig.
As far as new lights, I installed some Hellas on my front bumper, just drilled a hole down through the top of the bumper and ran the wires up the side of the headlights, then I tapped them into the hot wire for my low beams, so now when ever my low beams are on, they are on, but when i hit my high beams, they go off... hope that helps...
Old 02-10-2007, 03:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Someone mentioned that you will need to tell the computer that the hardtop is there. I can't find that thread at the moment.

Ron
Old 02-10-2007, 03:48 AM
dsy
JK Freak

I've seen a few threads saying that if you did not get the hard top from the factory then the computer will not recognize the rear wiper or defroster. Sounds like they can flash the computer for that to work though.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would wait until you take it into the dealer next time and complain that the rear wiper does not work, they'll run some diagnostics and soon your stuff will work. If you go in and tell em that you added it, they will be sure to charge you!

Quick Reply: New accessories flashing