Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New cat back installed....

Old 08-14-2009, 05:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks I had it installed today, just had them cut out a section of pipe and weld it in. 30 bucks so I'm in for 92.50.

Sounds nice to me I'm afraid it may sound ricey at 2500 and up but if I remember right the tone settles a bit after some time and miles. I'm happy with my choice, it does seem to have added a bit of torque (just a little bit not much) and I'm hopping that I at least maintain my MPG though a boost would be welcome.

Last edited by nikbass; 08-16-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:35 PM
JK Freak

Here's a clip of mine a different angle from Redneckjeep on a similar setup.

Ok, so it was dark and my son was there, them my sister drove by and honked... but you still get a clear ear on the sound.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=62101 103
Old 08-17-2009, 06:15 PM
***erator

Redneck, You say you can feel the power, did you have an intake or chip? Just collecting info, and I know not to expect a huge difference. I want speed I'll drive my other car.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:44 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lv jk
Redneck, You say you can feel the power, did you have an intake or chip? Just collecting info, and I know not to expect a huge difference. I want speed I'll drive my other car.
Nope. No intake or chip. I do have the Afe drop in filter now, but I did not at the time of the exhaust install. I still felt the power increase.

Last edited by RedneckJeep; 08-18-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:48 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Scooter Scott
Wow Red this is exactly what I think I will do. Much cheaper than the MBRP relocation and for the minimal difference in gains I think I might be able to do this on the cheap! Do you have a CAI with it as well? Flashpaq??
No, but I am thinking about a programmer. Probably not gonna do it, but I'm thinkin about it. I am gonna stay away from the CAI and stick with my drop in filter.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Nope. No intake or chip. I do have the Afe drop in filter now, but I did not at the time of the exhause install. I still felt the power increase.
Same but I have a K&N drop in and a 2dr. Results seem to be about the same as Red described.

Here's my sound clip again a sitting still clip compaired to Red's down the road clip.

Click Here everbody

Last edited by nikbass; 08-18-2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:02 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by nikbass
Same but I have a K&N drop in and a 2dr. Results seem to be about the same as Red described.

Here's my sound clip again a sitting still clip compaired to Red's down the road clip.

Click Here everbody
Nick, that sounds good. You do know that you need a tail pipe, right? You really need to get the exhaust out from under the passenger compartment. I'd hate for carbon monoxide poisoning to make you more psyco than you already are.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:07 AM
JK Freak

What? The guy at the shop said it'd help me settle in for nap time.

Yeah, I thought I'd be OK for a few days till I decided what I wanted to do. Wasn't sure I'd like the sound and so forth. I'll get a tail pipe on this puppy.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:10 AM
JK Jedi

Good. It does sound good, though. Did you say whether you can tell a power difference?
Old 08-18-2009, 10:30 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Scooter Scott
Redneck if you had to do it again would you go with the 4" round or the 6" round? Any benefits from bumping it up to the 6"?
Amazingly, I got it right the first time. Sound absorption comes from a muffler's length, not it's diameter. At least for round mufflers. There was no need for the 6" and I knew if I went that way, I would be close to the evap canister. They way it is now, I have plenty of room. I've had this on for several thousand miles now. If it was gonna melt somethin, it wouldda done it.

Quick Reply: New cat back installed....