Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to forum and asking for advice for buying a JK for overland modification

Old 03-15-2018, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by j3ph3ry_j33p
I like your nickname ! May I assist you with a little grammatical band-aid, friend?

I'd try something such as this :

" Thank-you for posting this relevant information regarding the approximate life expectancy of your suspension system.This data could aid other members who have or own these components. It could serve to remind them that , during the time these parts are installed on thier vehicles, some of the high-wear items may need to frequently be checked & ,if necessary , re-adjustments made during the vehicle's regular maintenance periods."

Now, isn't that helpful?

See? not everyone is out to get you.

Such useful information should not wear a tarnish of less-than-awesome grammar. I corrected your first awesome paragraph for free.

Now you try ; English is fun when properly done!
Wow... what a jackass.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by j3ph3ry_j33p
I like your nickname ! May I assist you with a little grammatical band-aid, friend?

I'd try something such as this :

" Thank-you for posting this relevant information regarding the approximate life expectancy of your suspension system.This data could aid other members who have or own these components. It could serve to remind them that , during the time these parts are installed on thier vehicles, some of the high-wear items may need to frequently be checked & ,if necessary , re-adjustments made during the vehicle's regular maintenance periods."

Now, isn't that helpful?

See? not everyone is out to get you.

Such useful information should not wear a tarnish of less-than-awesome grammar. I corrected your first awesome paragraph for free.

Now you try ; English is fun when properly done!
You're one to talk. I guess you learned how to use semicolons in high school English class, but they failed to teach you how to properly use an ellipsis, commas, and spaces. Smartass.

Oh...and Teraflex products are crap. Carry on.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will add a few cents to this. I have a rubi on gamechanger 3.5 and 35" tires with 4.56 gears. My build is more overlanding then anything. Few things to mention. Doing it again, I would go 2.5 instead of 3.5. Metalcloak lifts have a rake, the rear is higher. Drives me nuts, but they design it that way, They say when you add a bunch of weight to the rear it will level out. I have a custom box setup back there with 50qt fridge and roof rack. ( still rakes!) so, whatever. The 4.56 are nice with the 3.6 but if you don't drive it hard. I would say 4.10 stock would be just perfect. If you plan to go bigger then 35" tires, I think the sport makes more sense. do some dynatrac axles and all is well. Could even drop an atlas II in there if you want that 4.1 T case. if you stick with 35', the rubi is GTG.

Quick Reply: New to forum and asking for advice for buying a JK for overland modification