Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to forum - Looking for some guidance on some off-road upgrades

Old 05-10-2019, 11:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to forum - Looking for some guidance on some off-road upgrades

Hey All,

I'm new to this forum, but not to Jeeps... My newest is a 2014 JK Willys Wheeler Edition.
I've taken it off road a few times on the OHV Trails at Uwharrie National Forrest, but after my most recent excursion I have decided its time make it a bit more off-road capable.
That said, this is my daily driver and I don't want to do anything drastic yet... So I was thinking about a 1" body lift, replacing the stock 32" mud tires with 33's and adding 1" wheel spacers.

My thought is that this will give me a little better experience on the trails, and will allow for a good suspension lift and 35's down the road without having to replace stuff twice.

Anyone go this route? I'd love to hear your thoughts about any/all of these changes.

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 05-10-2019, 12:36 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Body lifts are ok, though many people don't care for them. Just a preference for you to decide for yourself. (I ran one for a year or so, worked just fine. Removed it when I swapped on a new lift, I find that I prefer not having it there).

As an alternative. No body lift, trim the stock fenders (or flats), add 1.5" adapters.

There are two kinds of wheel spacers. The thin ones that sandwich in between and give the lugs less thread to grab onto, and the thicker ones with two sets of bolts, like Spidertrax. You probably want the thicker ones, which are generally 1.5-2". (Teraflex makes some that are 1.25", but note the caution about trimming the studs...)

Quick Reply: New to forum - Looking for some guidance on some off-road upgrades