Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New (to me) 2015 JKU

Old 11-16-2017, 05:04 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Don't worry about the pics. Now that we narrowed down your lift to an inexpensive budget boost, we can simply assume that you have no adjustable parts added that would let you raise the caster. Again, if you are ok with the steering, just leave it alone.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jimonfly
Thanks! It's nice to have one again!
I just picked this one up myself. I had a 2012 Rubi I had a ton of work done to. Time to do this one up now.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5237.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	676096  
Old 11-17-2017, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by powrsurg
I just picked this one up myself. I had a 2012 Rubi I had a ton of work done to. Time to do this one up now.
Nice! That color and the sand/tan color are my two favorites. I found a Rubi Red Rock locally, but they were very proud of it, and we were still too far apart. Plus, as cool as they are, they're really way more than I'll ever need.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Don't worry about the pics. Now that we narrowed down your lift to an inexpensive budget boost, we can simply assume that you have no adjustable parts added that would let you raise the caster. Again, if you are ok with the steering, just leave it alone.
So what you're saying is that this is most likely the $500 budget boost lift, using spacers, rather than one that replaced the springs? With that, is there any benefit to replacing the track bar bracket, or adding adjustable control arms? I am a little disappointed with the handling, but not so much that I want to redo what's there (at this point).
Old 11-17-2017, 09:25 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Yeah, if I were to guess it is this one:
https://teraflex.com/shop_items/528f...d962f416e72d53

Nothing at all wrong with budget boosts. They do the job just fine. But as with any lower priced lift, you have to decide if you want to add more components to it.

If that is the correct kit, it has rear trackbar bracket to help re-center the axle, it is just not the more expensive raised bracket. What that will do is get the rear trackbar more parallel to the ground, and improve the roll center. As with the caster, if it isn't bothering you, don't worry about it.

And if you do decide to raise the caster, you have options. Cam Bolts are dirt cheap, but look around for some reviews before choosing these. Drop brackets get a lot of good reviews, the downside is the loss of a little clearance offroad. And for arms, you can replace either the uppers or lowers with 'fixed' length arms (longer or shorter than stock) or choose more expensive adjustable arms. Personally, I think you will be happier with higher caster, but at this point you don't know the difference, so ...
Old 11-17-2017, 01:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Yeah, if I were to guess it is this one:
https://teraflex.com/shop_items/528f...d962f416e72d53

Nothing at all wrong with budget boosts. They do the job just fine. But as with any lower priced lift, you have to decide if you want to add more components to it.

If that is the correct kit, it has rear trackbar bracket to help re-center the axle, it is just not the more expensive raised bracket. What that will do is get the rear trackbar more parallel to the ground, and improve the roll center. As with the caster, if it isn't bothering you, don't worry about it.

And if you do decide to raise the caster, you have options. Cam Bolts are dirt cheap, but look around for some reviews before choosing these. Drop brackets get a lot of good reviews, the downside is the loss of a little clearance offroad. And for arms, you can replace either the uppers or lowers with 'fixed' length arms (longer or shorter than stock) or choose more expensive adjustable arms. Personally, I think you will be happier with higher caster, but at this point you don't know the difference, so ...
That's the one I was thinking too. We'll see how it progresses. Ignorance is bliss, but now I'm curious!

Thanks everyone for the help. Have a great weekend and a great Thanksgiving!

Quick Reply: New (to me) 2015 JKU