JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   New Rough Country 2.5 Coils (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/new-rough-country-2-5-coils-121791/)

_J__C_ 03-07-2010 06:40 PM

New Rough Country 2.5 Coils

Well, RC sent me my new springs last week - mine were sagging and I installed them in January. The new springs, at least the rear, are constant rate. The ride feels much better so far, but again, I just installed them today. When the springs were side-by-side, the new ones were about an inch +/- taller. The back is a little taller now. I didn't measure before I installed them (not sure why cause I wanted to), but after both sides are 8.5" from axle to frame. I measured from the rear side of the flat spot on the axle (below the bump-stop) to the frame.

-- New problem is my left rear shock is leaking pretty bad. The pic doesn't show it very well, but it seems if it's not one thing, it's another. I'll talk to RC in the morning and see what they can do for me. They seem to have great customer service.

The pics may not be in order, so sorry for that.

rozzman10 03-07-2010 07:31 PM

i had ALL the same problems.. RC took care of them all.. got the new springs about two weeks ago.. new shocks in the mail :) best custome service ever!!

Kuffaar 03-08-2010 03:34 AM

I can vouch for RC customer service they mis matched (in packaging) one of my shocks and shipped me the correct size the next day very speedy!:thumbsup:
Do you still have your original order #?

_J__C_ 03-08-2010 06:44 AM

I'll be calling them today, I'm sure they will send a new shock.

edit: Just talked to Ben at RC, new shock is on the way.

ssunde1 03-08-2010 09:44 AM

was just informed my replacement rear coils are on the way. their customer service rocks.

MX355 03-08-2010 07:14 PM

J__C I received my 2nd set of "new" springs form RC on Wed, didnt get to install them yet, but do you remember what part # they were. I want to make sure these are the new ones before I tear down again and they being the same as before.

_J__C_ 03-08-2010 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by MX355 (Post 1601213)
J__C I received my 2nd set of "new" springs form RC on Wed, didnt get to install them yet, but do you remember what part # they were. I want to make sure these are the new ones before I tear down again and they being the same as before.

I don't remember the part number and there wasn't any paperwork with them, but they aren't progressive coils. They spacing between rings is the same throughout. And mine were longer than the old coils too, although it could be because I had them send 4dr coils, not 2dr.

GrimsbyAl 03-09-2010 04:11 AM

that's funny, my rear springs looked just like your and they told me it was normal.

_J__C_ 03-09-2010 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by GrimsbyAl (Post 1601553)
that's funny, my rear springs looked just like your and they told me it was normal.

I've read the same thing on here. I've also read a thread stating that it's normal for some types with that design. So who knows, I'm no coil engineer, but the new design seems fine, although it's only been a few days. But it does ride and sit better the old ones from day one. We'll see if they hold up after a few months (old ones were only on a month).

ibjeepr 03-09-2010 05:47 PM

I have the the RC 2.5 Progressive springs and someone told me the rear looked low. How can I tell if mine have sagged too much and if I should call RC about it?