Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Teraflex 2.5" Coil Spring Lift w/Shocks Question

Old 01-29-2016, 10:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New Teraflex 2.5" Coil Spring Lift w/Shocks Question

Hey guys,

Sorry to post another question about this lift but I've seen a lot of different forum posts about needing this or that. I was wondering if there is anything that i needed to buy in conjunction with this kit. I have a 2015 2door Sport S so i dont think i need the exhaust extention because i heard that was specific to the JKUs. Anyone installed this kit recently and had problems/ or concerns? I also heard something about a new rear track bar bracket? Not sure if its against community rules to post the site that i will be purchasing it from but any advice on a site that gives fair price for this lift?

Once again sorry if this has been answered i couldn't find current to date information.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Track bar relocation is included. I did add exhaust spacers on my 2 door for piece of mind. You may want an adjustable track bar for front to center axle. I also added. Beyond that this kit should cover necessary parts.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:21 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

You can send a message to the Teraflex rep (assuming he doesn't reply in this thread) to ask any questions you have.

Northridge 4x4 and River City Offroad (Marcus) are two that I have ordered from, but there are many other forum Venders to check with. You can find a big list of them further up in the forums.

Go ahead and link the lift, or list the specific components that come in it. (there are several variations, we need to know what parts you will be installing)

For what else you 'need'? Too much personal opinion and preference. Get a handle on the issues that suspension lifts cause and what the fixes are. (have you opened the thoughts on lifts thread stuck right to the top of this modified area?) Then install the lift (will you be doing this yourself?), drive it, and see what you think of the handling.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:25 AM
JK Newbie

www.extremeterrain.com/teraflex-25-lift-kit-w-all-jk-1251002.html
Originally Posted by nthinuf
You can send a message to the Teraflex rep (assuming he doesn't reply in this thread) to ask any questions you have.

Northridge 4x4 and River City Offroad (Marcus) are two that I have ordered from, but there are many other forum Venders to check with. You can find a big list of them further up in the forums.

Go ahead and link the lift, or list the specific components that come in it. (there are several variations, we need to know what parts you will be installing)

For what else you 'need'? Too much personal opinion and preference. Get a handle on the issues that suspension lifts cause and what the fixes are. (have you opened the thoughts on lifts thread stuck right to the top of this modified area?) Then install the lift (will you be doing this yourself?), drive it, and see what you think of the handling.
www.extremeterrain.com/teraflex-25-lift-kit-w-all-jk-1251002.html

This is where i was plannin to buy from has all parts listed. I will be doing it with a friend in his garage.

Last edited by ShadesJK; 01-29-2016 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by NCRUBI2012
Track bar relocation is included. I did add exhaust spacers on my 2 door for piece of mind. You may want an adjustable track bar for front to center axle. I also added. Beyond that this kit should cover necessary parts.
What's the negative side affects of not having the axle centered??
Old 01-29-2016, 01:46 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

When you install, make sure to loosen all control arm and trackbar bolts, then wait to tighten/torque them until your jeep is back on the ground under full weight. (helps to prevent bushings from binding)

That lift includes a bracket to center the rear axle and raise the roll center. For the front, at 2.5", having the axle off-center a smidge 'should' just be a visual thing. You will notice it every time you look at your jeep, but at that height many people do not worry about it. If you find that you have issues with a tire rubbing on one side or something, you can add an adj front trackbar later.

There is no caster correction included. This is an issue that is totally personal preference. Drive it and see what you think.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:23 PM
JK Newbie

When you install, make sure to loosen all control arm and trackbar bolts, then wait to tighten/torque them until your jeep is back on the ground under full weight. (helps to prevent bushings from binding)

That lift includes a bracket to center the rear axle and raise the roll center. For the front, at 2.5", having the axle off-center a smidge 'should' just be a visual thing. You will notice it every time you look at your jeep, but at that height many people do not worry about it. If you find that you have issues with a tire rubbing on one side or something, you can add an adj front trackbar later.

There is no caster correction included. This is an issue that is totally personal preference. Drive it and see what you think.

Not to point myself out as an obvious newb but what does caster correction do? Maybe i need to just go do some reading about my wrangler :/ lol!
Old 01-29-2016, 06:49 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

We offer this kit not only with the TeraFlex 9550 shocks, but we also pair it with Bilstein 5100, Rancho 9000s, and Fox 2.0 packages. Feel free to contact us any time for forum member pricing
Old 01-29-2016, 06:52 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Not to point myself out as an obvious newb but what does caster correction do? Maybe i need to just go do some reading about my wrangler :/ lol!
Too bad there isn't a thread stuck somewhere, like maybe right to the top of this modified area, that would go over things like that...

When you add a suspension lift, the axles/pinions start tilting up. As the pinion moves up, the caster goes down. The higher you go, the more the pinion raises and the lower the caster gets. Automatic and unavoidable. And as the caster goes down, the steering gets flighty (wandering). At some point, people decide that they want to correct it. For you, is that point a 2.5" lift? No clue, that's something for you to decide after driving it.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:56 PM
JK Newbie

Too bad there isn't a thread stuck somewhere, like maybe right to the top of this modified area, that would go over things like that...

When you add a suspension lift, the axles/pinions start tilting up. As the pinion moves up, the caster goes down. The higher you go, the more the pinion raises and the lower the caster gets. Automatic and unavoidable. And as the caster goes down, the steering gets flighty (wandering). At some point, people decide that they want to correct it. For you, is that point a 2.5" lift? No clue, that's something for you to decide after driving it.

I feel like i have already done so much research but at the same time not lol! I'm going to go read up on that nifty thread you're speaking of. Thank you for all the help!

Quick Reply: New Teraflex 2.5" Coil Spring Lift w/Shocks Question