Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitro Gears or what Brand to buy?

Old 08-02-2017, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Gears or what Brand to buy?

So the following link is for a pretty good deal on 5.13 Nitro Gears and install kits... front and back for $600. I honestly don't know much about gear brands and was wondering if anyone has had experience with these gears.... good, bad, ugly? Or what do you all recommend? Im not afraid to spend a little extra so not by junk. Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I2HUTOU...=34G84KF25ARM2
Nitro (GPJKRUBICON-5.13) Front and Rear 5.13 Ratio Gear Package Kit for Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JK
Old 08-03-2017, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

I went with the Ten Factory gears, as well as rear chromoly shafts. Very good quality, but honestly most of those gears are rebranded from the same factory.

Last edited by Ryan0260; 08-03-2017 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 12:21 PM
Former Vendor

I would recommend Ten Factory. They have a 10 year no questions asked warranty for the same price. If a gear install is done right, and you don't abuse them, you'll probably never need the warranty, but having that peace of mind that they will send you another set without running you through the ringer is worth it.

Ten Factory is a division of Motive Gear, and they have been making gears and axle shafts for a LONG time.

Let me know if you need help we ship for free and there is no sales tax if you're outside of Texas.

Marcus
Old 08-03-2017, 01:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm running 5.38 Motive gears and Ten Factory front and rear axle shafts with no issues.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad
I would recommend Ten Factory. They have a 10 year no questions asked warranty for the same price. If a gear install is done right, and you don't abuse them, you'll probably never need the warranty, but having that peace of mind that they will send you another set without running you through the ringer is worth it.

Ten Factory is a division of Motive Gear, and they have been making gears and axle shafts for a LONG time.

Let me know if you need help we ship for free and there is no sales tax if you're outside of Texas.

Marcus
Hey are you guys the ones that sold "justanotherstretchedjk - instagram" his RK stretch parts? Im looking to do that soon.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
I went with the Ten Factory gears, as well as rear chromooy shafts. Very good quality, but honestly most of those gears are regarded from the same factory.
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad

Marcus
Originally Posted by jchappies
I'm running 5.38 Motive gears and Ten Factory front and rear axle shafts with no issues.
Well i got referred by some jeep friends to go to a local shop... they quoted me $1100 installed for 5.13 Yukon gears... front and rear. Thought that was pretty fair??
Old 08-03-2017, 09:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by YukonBlu
Well i got referred by some jeep friends to go to a local shop... they quoted me $1100 installed for 5.13 Yukon gears... front and rear. Thought that was pretty fair??
yeah thats cheap. i had to play like 1800 here .
Old 08-04-2017, 05:38 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by YukonBlu
You can't go wrong with Yukon gears, and that is indeed a dang good price installed.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shabbernigdo
yeah thats cheap. i had to play like 1800 here .

Yeah thats what i thought too, pretty legit shop from what ive been told also. Every now and then the Jeep Gods are kind to us
Old 08-04-2017, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by resharp001
You can't go wrong with Yukon gears, and that is indeed a dang good price installed.
Yeah i had Yukon Gears on my TJ... pretty happy with them, no issues. Thanks man

Quick Reply: Nitro Gears or what Brand to buy?