Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no licence plate or rear lights jk 2012.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no licence plate or rear lights jk 2012.

Have checked bulbs. No power on fuse holder in box. Is it a ecu problem ? both sides. Have only signal,brake and foglights workin rear. <thankful for some help.
Old 07-18-2018, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

Do you have tow hitch wiring? Mine corroded and shorted out causing similar problems. Might be worth a quick look
Old 07-18-2018, 05:43 AM
JK Newbie

Wiring ok. Is not power in fuse box at fuse m17 and m19 that is rear lights. Think it could be a module or like that. Think it happened after towing a trailer while ago.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This just happened to me. I unplugged my towing harness and replace the 15amp M17 fuse. I'm still under warranty and took it to the dealership rather then fool with it and those idiots didn't find the fuse and failed my inspection. On the way home stopped at a gas station, replaced the fuse and unplugged the harness and stoped at a Jiffy Lube for the inspection.

Point being pull the M17 and look really closely at it. Hard to tell if its blown. Maybe even replace it whether you think its bad or not and see if that fixes your issue. Fuses are only like $1
Old 07-25-2018, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

If this is still an issue check the ground in the light area and in the engine compartment. I do not know exactly where the ground but it sounds like that might be an issue, or you blew both lights at once.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:55 AM
JK Newbie

Default No rear lights and licence plate lights.

Ground is ok rear no power at fuses. Happened after towing a trailer. Think a ecu needs diagnosis to be reset.
Old 07-27-2018, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

A similar thing happened to me one after towing a trailer, my right rear tail light went out...and I had less than 5000 miles on the Jeep at that point so I was pretty angry. Switched the left and right bulbs and the non working tail light bulb worked in the other tail light and vice versa. I ended up disconnecting the battery for 30 minuets and that corrected the issue for me.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another thing to note, I actually just removed my towing wire harness. Pull the left rear light off and disconnect the harness and bypass it. I don't tow often enough so I just keep the harness in the jeep and will connect it next time I tow.

Quick Reply: no licence plate or rear lights jk 2012.