Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Non-Spacer 2" Lift Options

Old 02-07-2007, 11:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Non-Spacer 2" Lift Options

Anyone know of any 2" lift kits that are do not acheive their lift with spacers?
Old 02-08-2007, 02:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rustys Off Road is the only one I have seen so far. Skyjacker has a 2.5". When/if Old Man Emu comes out, will likely be 2" as well.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:10 AM
TEV
JK Freak

just out of curiosity, why would you want a 2inch that isnt spacers? It seems that being able to keep the factory springs would be a good thing.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am currently looking for a 2" - 2.5" spring lift also. I emailed ARB about the old man and they said a new jk was sent to Austrailia about 4 weeks ago for their engineers to develop parts. Other than Rustys I haven't found any. The Skyjacker is only a 2.5" for the 4 door. The 2 door is listed as a 3.5" (same springs for both)
Old 02-08-2007, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TEV
just out of curiosity, why would you want a 2inch that isnt spacers? It seems that being able to keep the factory springs would be a good thing.
The factory springs are meant for the stock JK. I will be adding heavier bumpers, a winch, on-board air (maybe), heavier sliders, a steel swaybar disco motor skid, a steel muffler skid, etc. Thus, I'd like some heavy duty springs to be able to handle the extra weight (and I don't want to go higher than 2 inches - I only want to run 33s).
Old 02-08-2007, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies. So - it sounds like Rusty's is the only game in town for now but Old Man Emu is working on a kit. Anyone running the Rusty's 2-inch right now or have any opinions on their kit?
Old 02-08-2007, 11:52 AM
JK Newbie

I agree with you cab76. It is nice to have the aftermarket springs that tend to be a little stiffer for the added weight of accessories. Plus, they help handle the added upsprung weight of the larger tires. From what I have seem with past models (TJ mostly) the spacer kits can run about the same $ as a simple 2" coil kit.

Last time I checked I think BDS had both 2" spacer and spring kits. For some reason I am thinking Superlift/Black Diamond had a 2" coil kit too but I'm not 100% sure.

EDIT: Just checked both Superlift and BDS. They both have spacer kits and BDS has a 2" and 3" coil kit. Superlifts only coil kit is 4" (according their respective to websites).

Last edited by Big M; 02-08-2007 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cab76
Thanks for the replies. So - it sounds like Rusty's is the only game in town for now but Old Man Emu is working on a kit. Anyone running the Rusty's 2-inch right now or have any opinions on their kit?
I am running the 2-inch kit from Rusty's with 33's.

I have no problems and the install was very simple.

The ride is, as described by my wife, "Okay, it rides better than before."

My wife had had a small cow when I brought it home after the install of the lift. I agree that it rides better and it is not hard or harsh. It doesn't sway or run side to side on the road.

And best of all, the ESP doesn't kick in when driving. I have to really crank it to activate the ESP.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DadsCJ - any pic's with your set up? I was going to go this route and have been thinking about selling my set up and going this route. Did not really want Rusty's and that was only 2" available. Glad to hear some good comments. If you you have any, please post. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Pulled this from My.Project.JK, courtesy of DadsCJ. http://my.project-jk.com/showphoto.php?photo=55

Quick Reply: Non-Spacer 2" Lift Options