Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on best performance chip or tuner

Old 06-18-2010, 01:09 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jcole
Everyone feels a difference in the seat of the pants. This is really a weightless question that will get weightless answers though. You can't feel 5 horsepower in a 4800lb vehicle.
Well then mine is either getting more than 5 extra HP or I have a more sensitive ass......lol. I have the Airaid and flashpaq. An when my ass REALLY notices it is when I tune the flashpaq back to stock. Then my ass says it's the dog that I remember.....
Old 06-18-2010, 01:33 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah, as far as numbers go, the flashpaq probably doesn't give you a whole lot, but I've been really happy with mine. I run the standard 87 tune and it makes a big enough difference that getting on the freeway isn't pucker-inducing. Also, shifts and drives better overall in the mountains and up long grades, as others have mentioned. I'm playing around with the Mileage XS tune right now. It's weaker in the seat-of-the-pants sense, but if it makes a big difference in MPG, I might use it most of the time.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So if the main selling point is shift points, then does that mean that manuals won't notice any difference?
Old 10-31-2012, 10:28 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ClemsonMarshal
So if the main selling point is shift points, then does that mean that manuals won't notice any difference?
For manuals it modifies throttle response sensitivity. Not sure how well it works, but that's 1 of the features that Superchips claims for manuals. It does nothing for auto in that regard.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:24 AM
JK Newbie

Found an article on the subject: https://jeepequipment.com/tuners-and...s-for-jeep-jk/
After I read it I stopped on these variants:

- DiabloSport Trinity T2 EX Performance Programmer – 9445. Looks like this tuner has Driving Coach and movable.

- Bully Dog GT Gas – 40417. This thing has many options for small price. Also it is possible to set several settings for several cars at the same time.

Which one is better in your opinion? Can this article be trusted? Money is no object.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:08 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Originally Posted by JPet3127
Found an article on the subject: https://jeepequipment.com/tuners-and...s-for-jeep-jk/
After I read it I stopped on these variants:

- DiabloSport Trinity T2 EX Performance Programmer – 9445. Looks like this tuner has Driving Coach and movable.

- Bully Dog GT Gas – 40417. This thing has many options for small price. Also it is possible to set several settings for several cars at the same time.

Which one is better in your opinion? Can this article be trusted? Money is no object.
I have the Bully Dog. It gets the job done, but I can't suggest it. Not very user friendly IMO. It's tied to the VIN, so not sure how programming several settings on several cars at the same time. Also, all that shit in that article about the Bully Dog is dumb. The "driving coach" is a pain in the ass beeping at you and all that other stuff about how you're going to get great fuel economy and lower engine temps is a joke. You're going to use this to change tire size, axle ratio, and tweak a few other settings, then you're gonna chunk it in a drawer.

Last edited by resharp001; 03-05-2019 at 05:13 AM.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

You guys realize that this original thread is from 2010?
Old 03-14-2019, 09:01 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Originally Posted by Torque
You guys realize that this original thread is from 2010?
I do. I was just responding to what previous posted commented on as they specifically brought up the unit I have, and which I could not recommend.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
I do. I was just responding to what previous posted commented on as they specifically brought up the unit I have, and which I could not recommend.
Fair enough, I think it's a good thread and I don't see any others in the last while talking about tuners so maybe it's a good one to revive.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:24 PM
JK Newbie

Default I dont know doodley about chips or tuners

I own a 2009 JKU, I live in a rural area and work seasonally with the Dept of Fish And Wildlife. As far as day in and out no complaints. I aint running down interstates and just as likely to be crossing pastures, river bottoms, ridges etc. I am prone to every 9 - 12 taking a trip to Southeast Tennessee, Oklahoma or Texas.

Enough background, I want to know about these tuning chips. Can I set up different profiles/tunes for various scenarios? Can these tunes be changed on the fly? For example, I am cruising down I-24 with a maximum economy setting and I get to Mont Eagle Pass, can I on the fly change the profile for more power going through the mountain pass? Get to Chattanooga or Atlanta can I change to a performance setting to maneuver in traffic. Then when I get home and in the boonies for work switch to an improved off road profile?

Quick Reply: Opinions on best performance chip or tuner