Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on brakes & rotors

Old 08-15-2017, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Blaine has been doing brakes for a long while, it may be worth checking out Black Magic Brakes or even calling them up. Blaine is pretty active on Jeep Forum. They don't use the slotted and as my experience above says- they run too cool to be great on your first step.

Jeep JK 2007 to Now, Front Black Magic Brake Pads and Rotors
Old 08-16-2017, 08:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I upgraded my brake system with Mopars system. Comes with larger front rotors, dual piston calipers, larger master cylinder, and a brake booster. This system only upgrades the front brakes but those are the primary brakes-kept my rear brakes stock. I think i paid around $800 for it but when I was comparing other systems I felt this was the best all around system. I instantly noticed a change in my braking. The kit says it works with 17" wheels but I ran into issues with balancing because the weights were rubbing on the calipers. I got it fixed but later decided on 18" wheels and 35" tires. Still extremely happy with the system, I've had it on my jeep for about 9 months now. Still no complaints!

Quick Reply: Opinions on brakes & rotors