Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on these Rock Rails....

Old 01-20-2007, 05:53 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Opinions on these Rock Rails....

Anyone know anything about these rock rails or have opinions on the company that makes them? They showed up recently on 4wd.com...

Olympic Rock Rails

Old 01-20-2007, 07:46 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw those last night on 4wd.com too. From what I know about Olympic, they don't make the highest quality equipment. But I was considering their rock rails as an option, because they are the most I would probably need. I also am considering the Smittybilt rock rails.

Last edited by Robar; 01-20-2007 at 07:48 PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:33 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by doojer
Anyone know anything about these rock rails or have opinions on the company that makes them? They showed up recently on 4wd.com...

Olympic Rock Rails

Warn makes some that look a lot like those, also the teraflex ones look nice and wont break the bank..you just cant get them yet. Im in the same boat as you trying to find some that fill my needs and are available sometime soon. I just may make my own.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:34 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by rrobert22
Warn makes some that look a lot like those, also the teraflex ones look nice and wont break the bank..you just cant get them yet. Im in the same boat as you trying to find some that fill my needs and are available sometime soon. I just may make my own.
Yup, what he said. Here's a pic of the WARN rocker guards...

and the TeraFlex rocker guards...

and PUREJEEP's rocker guards...

Of course, nothing is available as of yet.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:36 AM
JK Jedi Master

How does the PureJeep mount?
Old 01-21-2007, 09:46 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the pure Jeep out of all of those. Are there any gussets along that rail? It seems like a long span on that tube without any support. It is hard to tell from the picture. I wish the tube stuck out just a little bit more though.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:54 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Rubimon
I like the pure Jeep out of all of those. Are there any gussets along that rail? It seems like a long span on that tube without any support. It is hard to tell from the picture. I wish the tube stuck out just a little bit more though.
From the pictures I looked at from the expo it seems the mounting brackets for rock rails have been changed for production.

http://www.project-jk.com/wp-gallery...2_itemId=10714
Old 01-21-2007, 10:16 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
How does the PureJeep mount?

As you can see in the photo above, the rails attach to the underside of the tub and the pinch welded edge. Now, in all fairness, this was just a pre-production design intended to be changed but after Kevin and Mel took their JK's up Sledgehammer, beating up the rails big time and coming out without any problems to the body, they might keep things the way they are.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:17 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
From the pictures I looked at from the expo it seems the mounting brackets for rock rails have been changed for production.

http://www.project-jk.com/wp-gallery...2_itemId=10714
The stand-offs you see here are for representational purposes only. The final design will actually feature tubes in place of the 1/4" bars you see in those pics.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like all of those, but would prefer something that mounts to the frame itself... Skidrow Offroad looks promising. Out of those listed above I like the Teraflex one, but it doesn't look like it extends far enough from the body to provide door protection too.... you know, from when i'm cruising the mall!

Quick Reply: Opinions on these Rock Rails....