Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering lift in about an hour need some help

Old 01-04-2007, 02:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine
I have a silly question...

WHY IN THE CRAP would you buy a 2x4 jeep!!!

For that matter, why would DC EVER produce a 2x4 jeep!!! AUH the humanity..

And then you want to Lift it?!?!?!? WTF for?!?
Haha.
Finally someone who agrees with me!
Old 01-04-2007, 02:26 PM
JK Newbie

Congratulations.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by FRDesign
Haha.
Finally someone who agrees with me!
You have no place to slam this guy or anybody else in here who drives a 2x4 JK. This is jk-forum.com not 4x4jk-forum.com. Its open up to any and all people who are looking for info/advice on the new JK's (including you). Before you trash somebody else's rig, get out of your mom's JK, get a job, and purchase your own. Then you can tell us about priorities.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:15 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Marine
I have a silly question...

WHY IN THE CRAP would you buy a 2x4 jeep!!!

For that matter, why would DC EVER produce a 2x4 jeep!!! AUH the humanity..

And then you want to Lift it?!?!?!? WTF for?!?
The same reason a lot of people buy 4 x 4 vehicles and never use them offroad. Actually, with the added ground clearance from the larger tires and a lift, his rig will not only look better but it will do him alright on some mild offroad rides that he may or may not want to do in the future. The fun factor will still be there, top off, doors off, etc. Most people he runs into won't even notice the little missing trail rated badge.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:32 PM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks All for the sound advice

After making some calls and hearing you guys out, I decided to go with the premium kit, better safe than sorry. Also, if anyone is spaced out as to why i have a 2x4 is for several reasons 1: I really never go off-roading, 2: It was cheaper 3: I was stationed in Montana for 5 yrs and had previously owned a 99 TJ ;and through all the harsh weather managed to use my 4x4 two times. So, thanks ericdewayne for enlighting some folks who want to slam other for not having a 4x4 vehicle. By the way, I will post pics and progress as soon as I get the kit in.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:13 PM
JK Jedi

Great move on the premium kit You won't be sorry.

One question for you lift experts. The fixed control arms that come with the kit, are they engineered a little longer than the stock ones to return your caster back to normal as well as putting your axle back to where it was? I would guess they would be.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jangle
After making some calls and hearing you guys out, I decided to go with the premium kit, better safe than sorry. Also, if anyone is spaced out as to why i have a 2x4 is for several reasons 1: I really never go off-roading, 2: It was cheaper 3: I was stationed in Montana for 5 yrs and had previously owned a 99 TJ ;and through all the harsh weather managed to use my 4x4 two times. So, thanks ericdewayne for enlighting some folks who want to slam other for not having a 4x4 vehicle. By the way, I will post pics and progress as soon as I get the kit in.
A 4x2 may not be what I'd buy but what the hell- it sounds like you thought out your needs for the vehicle. With the lift it be will different than most which makes it kinda cool in its own right. Make sure you post your pics.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx
my bro is running 33's with 4.10's. he said he can't tell the difference.

i'm running a 3" lift with 33's, i didn't lost any MPG either.
I'm running 33's BFG MT and i see a 3-3.5 decrease in MPG. I went from 17.5-18 to 14.5-15 MPG
Old 01-05-2007, 08:33 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by eejk
I'm running 33's BFG MT and i see a 3-3.5 decrease in MPG. I went from 17.5-18 to 14.5-15 MPG
What size tire did you have and what gears do you have?
Old 01-05-2007, 09:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jangle
So, thanks ericdewayne for enlighting some folks who want to slam other for not having a 4x4 vehicle.
Hey no problem. I probably would held my tounge if it was a guy who had bought a jk himself, or was interested in one. But a 16 yr old kid with no job and pictures of his moms jeep on here telling people that they're stupid for buying a 4x2 and how dumb they are for not doing other things kinda gets to me. I say let him try and buy a jk on his paper route salary and then talk about how stupid it is to get a 4x2. I bought almost the cheapest wrangler i could and im still making $450 jeep payments every month and child support checks the exact same, not to mention house, cell, cable, insurance, water, electricity, and food... All on a military salary. Experience life first before you talk to people about how crazy they are for making a smart financial decision... And I digress...

Alright, i promise thats the last time.

Good luck with the jk though! The premium lift looks pretty nice. I was ordered the ultimate kit 4 months ago, but cant afford it now. Im looking at a cheaper 3 in kit now and adding the 1" body lift and maybe throwing some 37's under it. That might look alright.

Quick Reply: Ordering lift in about an hour need some help