Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV/CCV Hose to Airbox disconnected runs MUCH better??

Old 02-08-2013, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PCV/CCV Hose to Airbox disconnected runs MUCH better??

ok, here is the question of the day. I have 13k miles on my 2011JKU. I installed a snorkel two weeks ago and forgot to connect the breather hose back to the airbox. It ran so smooth. I was checking over everything yesterday and noticed the hose was off. I reconnected it and the idle is rough...any thoughts? I was thinking it ran like that for two weeks and maybe the computer needs to re learn
Old 02-08-2013, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

PCV valve clogged?
Old 02-08-2013, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think so, I will look. Its the hose at the side of the airbox, maybe just a vacuum or breather hose? Any insight

Last edited by skibovr6; 02-08-2013 at 05:59 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beats me. Mine has been out of the airbox for 2 years with a little filter hanging on it, but I didn't notice any difference as far how it runs.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:00 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Thinking about how the system works, I can't come up with a reason for what you are seeing.
With the hose disconnected, the end is exposed to atmospheric pressure.
With the hose connected to the air box, it's exposed to probably only slightly less than atmospheric pressure. I'll bet you can't measure the difference without a good water manometer.
All it's doing is drawing air through the crank case, into the intake.

I'm not saying there isn't something going on there; it just seems unlikely it should make a difference.
I know I have forgotten to reconnect the same line on mine, and saw no difference.

What you should do for the sake of experimentation is see if you can repeat it several times. (Hook it up, get rough idle; disconnect it, get smooth idle.)
Old 02-08-2013, 07:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe some residual oil build-up in hose, so when you connected the hose it's drawing in the oil making it run rough?

Quick Reply: PCV/CCV Hose to Airbox disconnected runs MUCH better??