Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of my modded JK, RIMs/Tires!

Old 11-17-2006, 12:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of my modded JK, RIMs/Tires!

Can someone email me and I can send them the pics to post, I have tried and just can't seem to get it done.... email me at sramponi@optimaleng.com and will zip you the pics to post up! Will take more tomorrow. The jeep has a nice mod look but still factory like and looks even more like a hummer..... to me even better!

Toyo MT 295/70/R17 on OE Jeep HULK style Commander rim.... I was going to add spacers but no need..... wheels work great so far, will need a slight alingment and at full max turn ever so slight rub on sway bar but again at MAX turn pulling at the wheel. I am not a heavy off roader so no fear of max flex for me

I love the set up, changes the whole look of the jeep... I have pics sitting next to my 04 Unlimited etc... someone ping me and will get these up.

Thanks
Steve
Old 11-17-2006, 12:17 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi Steve, email your pics to me at eddie@project-jk.com and I'll host the pics for ya
Old 11-17-2006, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default sent you the pics

did you get them OK?
thanks again!

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Hi Steve, email your pics to me at eddie@project-jk.com and I'll host the pics for ya
Old 11-17-2006, 02:34 PM
JK Newbie

To anyone wishing to do so, I have 500 Gigs of university storage (very fast) that i would be glad to use to host pics or vids for anyone who would like me to!! cs209102@ohio.edu
Old 11-17-2006, 03:27 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Here ya go....

Last edited by wayoflife; 11-17-2006 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:34 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mickfluff, you have great taste in colors. I sure wish they offered that kahki this year. The tires/wheels look good. Did you have any problems with rubbing? I know you are going to be adding spacers when they come in.

Looks Good!
Old 11-17-2006, 04:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Thanks

Hey thanks, rubbing slight on the sway bar at full turn, but did not have to trim that plastic rock guard below. I am very happy with the results and really like how the new tires/rims sit. I was going to add spidertrax spacers to get the rims to sit more flush with the flares as the stock set up seems tucked under but to my surprise these rims/tires got what I wanted accomplishment. Saved me some money that I can now spend on some other mods!!!! If I add 1.5 spacers I think I will loose the stock semi mod look and also the debri that gets kicked up will hurt my jeep I think as with 1.5 they will stick pass the flares.... I am done with rim/tire/suspension like mods.....

Now just some mopar add ons like gas fuel cap cover, sill inserts, maybe some tail light guards, clear bra to protect the nose and fenders, some light tint on front windows.....hmmmm lets see, some husky mats up front, a spare tire cover that reads "HUMMER RECOVERY VEHICLE" and maybe some new speakers and another sub woofer. That should just about be it.... Oh taking off that dumb sahara mountian like decal, and getting some quality lisence plate frames.....OK and maybe a dash trim kit to match the silver bezel'd gauge cluster that coomes stock with the sahara... OK Thats ALL>... everything should be done in about 10 days, lots of things in the mail being shipped etc... goes back to shop to get tint, clear bra etc etc next week..... Ok enough rambling..

Originally Posted by Rubimon
Mickfluff, you have great taste in colors. I sure wish they offered that kahki this year. The tires/wheels look good. Did you have any problems with rubbing? I know you are going to be adding spacers when they come in.

Looks Good!
Old 11-17-2006, 04:45 PM
JK Newbie

are those toyos noticably louder than the stockers on the highway?
Old 11-17-2006, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default no not at all

Thats why I ordered them, great tread but not loud hmmmming on the road.... if stock is a 1 on a 1-10 these are a 2.5 max 3...... very nice. Very happy...

Originally Posted by JKwannabe
are those toyos noticably louder than the stockers on the highway?
Old 11-17-2006, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can you post a full side view pic? Looks good.

Quick Reply: Pics of my modded JK, RIMs/Tires!