Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help 'The Tank' - 2007 Wrangler with Battery, No Fuse, Several Other Issues.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Please Help 'The Tank' - 2007 Wrangler with Battery, No Fuse, Several Other Issues.

Hi guys – This is my first time posting anywhere online. This is not for me but for my 2007 Jeep Wrangler – known as ‘The Tank' and she is sick.

So exactly 2 weeks ago;I tried to turn on the Tank and there was No Lights, No Crank, No Sounds, Nothing. I charged the battery using jumper cables for about 10 minutes and the engine turned on. Then;

AutoZone Guy: Your Battery is Half-Full.
Me: Still, Give me a New Battery.

With the new battery in, I parked the Tank and travelled for exactly one week.Once I returned, I went to check on the Tank and it seemed like the Tank was in a coma. There was No Lights, No Mileage shown on Dashboard, No Sounds, Nothing. I use jumper cables on the New Battery and the Tank turned on. But the following weird things happened;

1- With the key in ACC Position – No Dashboard Lights, No Radio, No Ding Ding Ding Sounds, No Mileage shown, Nothing.
2- With the key in On Position – Interior/Exterior Lights go On, Dashboard becomes like a Christmas Tree. Also in this position;·

* Open the driver or passenger door – Radio gives broken Static. The Static is On for 1 Second and Off for 1 Second.·
* Close the doors – Radio gives normal unbroken Static. But Radio Does Not play any FM/AM channels. Only Static.

3- With the key in Start Position – Engine turns on but there is a ‘NO FUSE’ error in Dashboard.
4- Turn key back to ACC or take key out – Red Temperature Needle gets Stuck in Center. Red Oil Needle goes Halfway Up and Down continuously.

I took the Tank to a local Mechanic and he plugged in a scanner and ran some scans. Each time the scanner gave a new Fault Code. Here are some of those Fault Codes.·

* U0168 – Lost Communication with Vehicle Security Control Module.·
* U0155 – Lost Communication with Instrument Panel Control Module.·
* B1A28 – ECM Mismatch with SKIM.·
* C123F – Steering Angle Sensor Comparative Performance.

However, the Final Scan showed all of the above Fault Codes were somehow FINE, NO FAULT and OKAY.

Current Problem, Current Problem, Current Problem.

1- With the key in ACC Position – No Dashboard Lights, No Radio, No Ding Ding Ding Sounds, No Mileage shown, Nothing.
2- With the key in On Position – Radio give Broken Static and Radio Does Not play any FM/AM channels.
3- Turn Engine On – Error appears on Dashboard ‘No Fuse’.
4- Turn Engine Off – The Red Temperature and Oil Needles Flicker.

Here are the things already performed.·

* Taken to a mechanic, Ran Scans, Checked all of the Fuses, Took out the Fuse Box and checked it and all Fuses are unburnt and OKAY.
New Battery with New Terminals put in.
* New IOD Fuse put in.
Have read every thread/post on similar issues and followed advice.

The Tank is:
a 2007 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited (Sport), 3.6 Manual engine, 2 Door, non-remote Basic Key, 51K Miles.

Guys - Dodge Dealership Guy says they will charge a few Thousand $$ Dollars. I am a disabled Combat Veteran, I cannot afford that. I am a Soldier and I know very little about engines. I got the Tank after I was injured in combat and I am in love with it. I am learning about Jeeps now though.

Please Help the Tank. Thank you. God Bless.

Last edited by F.Amir; 06-28-2018 at 08:55 PM.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably fried the ecu leaving the jump starter on the battery for an extended period of time. The 2007 jk didn't come with a 3.6. If you have the lifetime warranty which a lot of the 2007-2011 have it should be free at the stealership. Would definitely be worth looking into. My guess is the ECU is fried, cause of all the erratic electrical things going on.

Quick Reply: Please Help 'The Tank' - 2007 Wrangler with Battery, No Fuse, Several Other Issues.